• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need speed help...f7 keeps kickin my butt

copo427ss said:
where is he beating you? top end? like over 100mph on gps or the dreameter? a few things i have noticed with the mono and ck skids. you have to run your track tight with a mono and even tighter with a ck so you dont ratchet the track. i ditched my mono last season for a artic cat skid, and what a difference. i can run my track to cat specs now and my sled rolls freely on the snow and has never ratcheted, no matter how hard i come out of the hole. a clutch kit will deffinatly help. and lose some studs. you are running the longest studs you can. thats alot of weight. so your probably having to run your track pretty tight to keep that track from hitting. less friction = more hp. start with removing everything in the outside belts. the trick is to have the best traction with the fewest studs. stud patterns make a big difference. ive seen to many people throw a bunch of studs in there sleds only to have less traction than they had before. 03 f7s are fast but you should still be able to get him. how much do you wiegh? and what does your friend weigh? that also makes a difference. and your sled will come alive after 1000 miles, like said before. there are so many little variables that add up to winning or losing.
The weight thing is big, as stated in your first post your giving up 40 pounds to start off and w/ all those studs...(is he running the same?).try swapping sleds once to see what happens after that get out the checkbook and have fun....

WHy would i lie...????? I like the F7s.. they were and still are one of the best sleds out there.. My business partner Barry had an 05 Snopro and it was fast as hell with the billet head, 2 degree key, billet head, pipe mod and y-pipe and can and clutching (not to mention he was 40+lbs lighter than me).. But once i added a cobra track and removed the transfer NO ONE could touch me the first 100 feet... In fact the only sled out of our HUGE bunch of sleds that could catch me was my buddy jason on his 2009 XP 800R that had a pipe, billet head, clutching and can.. THat sled was very fast on the top end..

My sled pretty much tops out at 100mph.. Thats IT.. My sled never was a top speed runner.. IT has always be quick thou..... Guess maybe i just kno how to drive..

Here is my kills..

2007 Crossfire 1000
2003 F7
2004 F6
2004 Rx-warrior
2005 F7 SP (raced him stock and modded)
2005 F7 standard (Modded)
2009 Fx Nytro XTX
2003 Zr 900 diamond drive
2002 Zr 800 cross country
2009 Skidoo XP800R (although in a half mile run im sure he could catch me)

My bad.. it was an 05... LOL.. either way you get the Idea.. I think that sled if it was a chain would have beat me thou.. very close races (i had the transfer rod in the sled though) hook up for me was key.. Had i takin it out.. it wouldnt even have been close

welterracer said:
WHy would i lie...????? I like the F7s.. they were and still are one of the best sleds out there.. My business partner Barry had an 05 Snopro and it was fast as hell with the billet head, 2 degree key, billet head, pipe mod and y-pipe and can and clutching (not to mention he was 40+lbs lighter than me).. But once i added a cobra track and removed the transfer NO ONE could touch me the first 100 feet... In fact the only sled out of our HUGE bunch of sleds that could catch me was my buddy jason on his 2009 XP 800R that had a pipe, billet head, clutching and can.. THat sled was very fast on the top end..

My sled pretty much tops out at 100mph.. Thats IT.. My sled never was a top speed runner.. IT has always be quick thou..... Guess maybe i just kno how to drive..

Here is my kills..

2007 Crossfire 1000
2003 F7
2004 F6
2004 Rx-warrior
2005 F7 SP (raced him stock and modded)
2005 F7 standard (Modded)
2009 Fx Nytro XTX
2003 Zr 900 diamond drive
2002 Zr 800 cross country
2009 Skidoo XP800R (although in a half mile run im sure he could catch me)

How far are you running when you race...I'm guessing 1000'...which I could then see you winning...but not by 10 lengths and if the race went any farther than 1000ft they would be closing the gap pretty fast if your only good for 100mph.

When you take the transfer rod out of the Apex, you get stupid weight transfer... But top end would have suffered and I'm not sure how you can drive it like that, but I believe Welt would have gotten a hell of a hole shot...

The whole shot with the transfer rod is CRAZY.. not even comparible to stock..

YOu have to litterly hold on for dear life the skis never touch the ground.. I rode the sled for 1800 miles that way.. I LOVED IT.. too bad eventually the rear arm got jammed between the rails one bumpy afternoon.. LOL

We were running across a lake.. Im guessing about a quarter of a mile.. Choppy but packed snow.. GOod traction..

I said i killed them by 10 lengths out of the hole.. I didnt say i stayed that far ahead at the end.. Some of the sleds slowly started to catch me but they were still way back there.. The XP was crazy fast on the top end.. I couldnt belive it

@ copo he does have a 50 lb weight advatage...damn string bean kid....but im going to swap out our rides and see what happens also. does anyone know the part number for the bigger rear wheels or a site with specs to order them. thx

Hauck Powersports secondary sheave/speed sheave

Call Hauck Powersports and ask them about the Speed sheave. It allows your clutch to shift out allowing for more top end. I have it on my 07RTX and it fly's.

My 07' Attak would lose to my buddies 05' ZR 900 until I hit 1000 miles then it was no contest after 2500 miles mine got even faster. Now I'm running a 151" Challenger extreme cut down to 2" with Wahl extro drivers but otherwise completely stock with the transfer rod out and this thing will carry the skis about 8" off the snow up to 100 mph it might past that but that's when I let off. I put over 800 miles on mine last season with the transfer rod out with no problems in the handling. The hook up with this track is amazing if you punch it at 50 the skis come off the snow. Now I ride mostly off trail now so this set up works very well for me but i did put about 400 miles on trail with no adverse affects.

wcfpusher said:
ok...i have a 2007 rtx with 600 miles on it. super Q exhaust...other than that 240 1.450 studds. he has a 03 f7 worked...speedwerx pipe..airbox mod and timming key. he pulls on top end pretty good. he is about 40 lbs lighter than me but can i get more top to beat him? need yami riders help here! I havnt enrichened the sled yet with the onboard tuning...stock clutching too :4STroke:

get rid of the super Q exhaust!!! Take your stud total down to 168. look for a used Proline apex clutch kit.

I've owned both....My '03 F7 Had everything done to it you could except NOS, twins, or a big bore kit. It was crazy fast, but I like my Apex better as an all around daily driver. Stock for stock, the F7 will typically be faster. The F7 was built to win...the Apex wasn't. It was built to be a great 4 stroke that wasn't purposefully built for racing. It will take a lot more money to make the apex faster than a well running F7 than it's typically worth. Plus, for a lot less, the F7 owner can again make their sled faster than your Apex.....unless you boost it!

wcfpusher said:
@ copo he does have a 50 lb weight advatage...damn string bean kid....but im going to swap out our rides and see what happens also. does anyone know the part number for the bigger rear wheels or a site with specs to order them. thx

1lb of rotating mass is equivelent to 7lbs of stationary mass. keep that in mind when your removing studs and backers.
so removing 3 lbs of metal outof your track is like 21lbs of dead weight lost.
50lbs is alot when hes already lighter than you. also make sure your on a 1/4 tank of fuel to help cut weight down.

OR: :nos

dirkdiggler said:
wcfpusher said:
ok...i have a 2007 rtx with 600 miles on it. super Q exhaust...other than that 240 1.450 studds. he has a 03 f7 worked...speedwerx pipe..airbox mod and timming key. he pulls on top end pretty good. he is about 40 lbs lighter than me but can i get more top to beat him? need yami riders help here! I havnt enrichened the sled yet with the onboard tuning...stock clutching too :4STroke:

get rid of the super Q exhaust!!! Take your stud total down to 168. look for a used Proline apex clutch kit.

Why get rid of the super Q exhaust??

Back