• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need speed help...f7 keeps kickin my butt

heelingcowboy1 said:
wcfpusher said:
i never got the tool for adjustment? now what

As far as I can tell Apex88 is refering to the Monoshock setup--- Not our Proactive CK skids. There should be a wrench in your tool kit for the rear nuts, Drop them down till you kit the marking on the shafts (the stoping indicater) My apex could launch dead even with a 800R last year with this setting.

+1

also; the lower that adjustment is (more transfer) the less coupled the suspension is-meaning that the front and back of the skid are free to move independently which makes for a more playful ride in the big bumps (mountain skids are typically uncoupled whereas groomed trail skids are heavily coupled). the only problem with heavy transfer is that you have to watch yourself because a heavy blip of the throttle will pull the skis in the air rendering turning impossible.

I'll probably get toasted for this but--These threads kill me... there is ALWAYS someone who will be faster no matter what changes you make. IMHO unless you're racing for $'s quit wasting your money and leave the sled alone. Just know this: someday you'll have the last laugh cuz sooner or later your 4-stroke will be towing his sled back home...

stone88 said:
shaddow44 said:
welterracer said:
I ride with buddys who all had F7s (one was a 03 standard, one was a 05 SP and one was a 05 standard)when i first bought my apex.. THey all had them heavily modded.. BMP billet heads, Pipe mod, Y-Pipes, studs, timing keys etc etc etc etc.. And i never lost a race to them.. If i were to remove the transfer rod from my sled it wasnt even a race.. I would be 10 lengths ahead of them out of the hole and they would have to play catch up which NEVER happened..

all i did was gear down one tooth to a 23T top gear and changed out the secondary spring to a white ATTACK spring and helix.. BBY a ty member gave me the setup..

When these sleds loosen up they run harder... Also make sure you set your transfer rod to max..

I would take out 100 of those studs.. Way too many.. IM only running 111 studs in mine with double backers..

Dont get me wrong the F7 is an extremely fast sled when setup right.. and my buddys sleds ran hard.. but i always seemed to be 3 lengths ahead even on there best day..

Don't get me wrong Welt, I'm a Yammi guy..bleed blue, but I've owned a modded F7 and have buddies that had fast stock F7s... there is no way you put 100ft out of the hole on a heavily modded F7...I don't buy it...a couple lengths maybe ( on a stocker )..but 10? Your buddies F7s must run like crap and don't hook or you were in real powdery conditions.

Here we go again :dead: I have owned both sleds in every configuration on my f-7's from big bores to stockers to ported stalkers and unless the firecats have a big bore in it equally tuned and equall traction the Apex will win on a lake run, been there done that. ;)! As for gearing the 24 gear always seems to work best for me. :yam:

Ernie, you gotta be kidding me... :drink:

well im going to adjust the skid this weekend and add some low snow wheels to my proactive skid...seems to be a lot of friction compared to my buds gt i just think a few extra wheels cant hurt. Wasnt there a post on adding skidoo wheels to my sled instead of using the yamis...they were a bit bigger?

wcfpusher said:
well im going to adjust the skid this weekend and add some low snow wheels to my proactive skid...seems to be a lot of friction compared to my buds gt i just think a few extra wheels cant hurt. Wasnt there a post on adding skidoo wheels to my sled instead of using the yamis...they were a bit bigger?

yep they are bigger by 5mm, so 2.5mm on the bottom. Less drag always helps...

shaddow44 said:
stone88 said:
shaddow44 said:
welterracer said:
I ride with buddys who all had F7s (one was a 03 standard, one was a 05 SP and one was a 05 standard)when i first bought my apex.. THey all had them heavily modded.. BMP billet heads, Pipe mod, Y-Pipes, studs, timing keys etc etc etc etc.. And i never lost a race to them.. If i were to remove the transfer rod from my sled it wasnt even a race.. I would be 10 lengths ahead of them out of the hole and they would have to play catch up which NEVER happened..

all i did was gear down one tooth to a 23T top gear and changed out the secondary spring to a white ATTACK spring and helix.. BBY a ty member gave me the setup..

When these sleds loosen up they run harder... Also make sure you set your transfer rod to max..

I would take out 100 of those studs.. Way too many.. IM only running 111 studs in mine with double backers..

Dont get me wrong the F7 is an extremely fast sled when setup right.. and my buddys sleds ran hard.. but i always seemed to be 3 lengths ahead even on there best day..

Don't get me wrong Welt, I'm a Yammi guy..bleed blue, but I've owned a modded F7 and have buddies that had fast stock F7s... there is no way you put 100ft out of the hole on a heavily modded F7...I don't buy it...a couple lengths maybe ( on a stocker )..but 10? Your buddies F7s must run like crap and don't hook or you were in real powdery conditions.

Here we go again :dead: I have owned both sleds in every configuration on my f-7's from big bores to stockers to ported stalkers and unless the firecats have a big bore in it equally tuned and equall traction the Apex will win on a lake run, been there done that. ;)! As for gearing the 24 gear always seems to work best for me. :yam:

Ryan, I agree with Ernie....

shaddow44 said:
stone88 said:
shaddow44 said:
welterracer said:

Ryan I'm very serious! :flag:

to stone: legend put your clutching and a 24 gear in mine after i installed pc3 and ignition mod, i ride with a stock crossf 8 and massaged f1000, they are nowhere to be seen till 140kph and then they pass me fast. i will be going back to a 23 top and lighten the clutching. that cross fire 8 never came close before on top. i find the new cobra really slows down top speed. i hope to see you on the canals this winter.
to shadow: i hope to see you and brian on the scugog trails this yr. i want to see what the normal and xtx nytros can do. we can go to nutters for picanya afterwards LOL

Re: F7

[tquote="blade072"]My buddy had a 03 F7 that was the fastest one that I have seen.
I was able to beat him consistantly.
I have a Cobra track , geared 22-40 and clutched. I am sure that he could beat me on top end, but to a 100, it never was a contest. Neither one of us was studded, but he did have the deep lugged track.
He had a hard time with me beating him all of the time so he sold his sled and bought mine. I now have a 2011 Apex XTX and I am sure it will take some tinkering to be able to beat my old 07 Attak GT.
Kind of nice seeing a die hard Arctic Cat guy buying a Yamaha.
Jim
The cogra track is key...I could not get off the line without it.
I am not saying it is the best track for all sleds but works great with the apex.[/quote]

trailmarker said:
to stone: legend put your clutching and a 24 gear in mine after i installed pc3 and ignition mod, i ride with a stock crossf 8 and massaged f1000, they are nowhere to be seen till 140kph and then they pass me fast. i will be going back to a 23 top and lighten the clutching. that cross fire 8 never came close before on top. i find the new cobra really slows down top speed. i hope to see you on the canals this winter.
to shadow: i hope to see you and brian on the scugog trails this yr. i want to see what the normal and xtx nytros can do. we can go to nutters for picanya afterwards LOL
The Cobra Wall is at 105-110mph. It kills top end... Works great on snow....

trailmarker said:

I'm looking forward to it, I'd like to see if I can hang with an Apex for 1000'...if so I'm a happy camper! But then again, I didn't realize you had some nice mods..so I could be sucking the hind teet.

trailmarker said:

Legend never put my "clutch kit" as you call it in your sled as he doesnt know my set up plus I'm running a team secondary on my sled. I also have the cobra track on my attack an I don't think it slowed me down much at all as I have run well over 116 hardpacked snow with it on my GPS. I love that track and wish I could run it on my turbo sled but the clearance is a little to tight.

where is he beating you? top end? like over 100mph on gps or the dreameter? a few things i have noticed with the mono and ck skids. you have to run your track tight with a mono and even tighter with a ck so you dont ratchet the track. i ditched my mono last season for a artic cat skid, and what a difference. i can run my track to cat specs now and my sled rolls freely on the snow and has never ratcheted, no matter how hard i come out of the hole. a clutch kit will deffinatly help. and lose some studs. you are running the longest studs you can. thats alot of weight. so your probably having to run your track pretty tight to keep that track from hitting. less friction = more hp. start with removing everything in the outside belts. the trick is to have the best traction with the fewest studs. stud patterns make a big difference. ive seen to many people throw a bunch of studs in there sleds only to have less traction than they had before. 03 f7s are fast but you should still be able to get him. how much do you wiegh? and what does your friend weigh? that also makes a difference. and your sled will come alive after 1000 miles, like said before. there are so many little variables that add up to winning or losing.

From my experience, anyone that is serious about keeping their F7s competative have installed 800 kits. All you have to do is duck your head into any perf engine builders shop or ask the BB kit suppliers how many kits they have sold and it quickly sheds light on how popular, and effective, this mod is!
Thats why it is so much fun to beat these sleds...most of them have been brought about as far as they can go...once you beat them they are out of options!

Go for it and good luck!

Back