• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need to replace apex battery

bigdog_mike

Lifetime Member
Well it finally died on me this summer 2006 apex battery, so I need to replace it, do I just go with a Yuasa battery for the apex or is there a better model that will atleast last as long as the original factory battery. Either way I will have to be dropping some cash into its replacement, then since I have the sled tore down, may as well change the oil, but I only have 1500 miles on the current AMSOIL synthetic so maybe not. Any help on the battery purchase will be appreciated.

I have a 2006 apex gt with original battery. Oem is fine, you just need to have a battery tender on it when it is not in use for extended periods of time. That is the trick with any battery. Just my opinion.

bigdog_mike said:
Well it finally died on me this summer 2006 apex battery, so I need to replace it, do I just go with a Yuasa battery for the apex or is there a better model that will atleast last as long as the original factory battery. Either way I will have to be dropping some cash into its replacement, then since I have the sled tore down, may as well change the oil, but I only have 1500 miles on the current AMSOIL synthetic so maybe not. Any help on the battery purchase will be appreciated.

X2 on the battery tender, great little investment and only charges the battery when needed.

I would stick with Yuasa batteries, they are probably the best or one of the best batteries you can currently purchase fir these sleds.

I would also change your motor oil while your in there if it is older than a year old, I know it's synthetic but even Amsoil recommends a 1 year interval even though the milage may have not killed it yet.

bigdog_mike said:

I have EverStart premium sport AGM model ES14BS. This is a battery that you can get at Walmart that I have used in other sleds and ATVs. They last 3-5 years no problem. Otherwise you can purchase the Yuasa original for a higher price tag, but I have not had a problem even in extremely cold temperatures as long as it is AGM type battery. ;)!

Back