• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Never run the stock air box, thinking of swapping back...

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
Hi guys

Toying with swapping back to the stock air box instead of filters. I see the stock jets are 135 vs what I have now. Has anybody seen a big change in mileage going from stock to filters, that I could expect going back the other way?

What other changes so I make, stock jets, and I'm good? Thanks!

You will want to check main jets, needle clip position, and fuel screws for sure.

You need the stock CV springs. If not you do not change them back with the stock jest if will run lean. Because the slide will go up fast and it it not have the big main jet there to get the fuel there.
PS Change one change them all.
:Rockon:

Despite going way up on main jet sizes, you experience better fuel mileage with the filters. The reason being is that right now, you need to go to let's say half throttle with the filter to maintain 65 MPH on a trail With the stock airbox and main jets, you will need to squeeze the throtle 3/4 way open to maintain that same 65 MPH speed. You will naturally demand more from the engine, thereby making it work harder to swallow more fuel!

Freddie

Attachments

• DSC01797b.JPG
    DSC01797b.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 118

Back