• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 11 Apex. Need to get to work fixing the darting. Help?

Your concerns will be put to rest the first time you ride with the Snow Trackers. I would love to here some feed back from you and your wife once you have tried them.

Just ordered. With the weather the way it is, our test ride may have to wait for next year, but I'm confident with what I've read, that we will be happy. Thanks for all the help!!!

You made a great choice. I'm another believer in snowtrackers. I have an 07 rtx with pilots ( aggressive trackers) and even though the pilots helped darting compared to the stockers, the trackers made the biggest differance out of any mod. I used to like to switch to my brothers rev for better straight line running , but now its the total opposite. His feels very uneasy at times compared to my apex now. Dead straight tracking in almost any conditions.When they do shake its so minor you hardly notice it. I agree with the other poster that i think my steering feels a little easier with the trackers. Before i was concerned with heavy steering from them after reading some posts about them. And yes they work going easy just as much as really hammering it.Your wife will love them.I would say they are the best mod for a apex you can buy. They do look crazy though when you first see them installed, but dont worry they are built tough and so for with about 500 miles on mine, very little wear.

BOUNTYHUNTER said:
These are made here in Mb and sold by one of our TY Sponsors and are like $49.95 a set and SIMPLY WORK :Rockon:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=dartless

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... t=dartless

I put a set of these on my Apex before I ever rode it for the first time.

They work as advertised because I have never been able to figure out what darting you folks are always talking about.

Very inexpensive, yet effective modification.

They wear incredibly well too...

Now if only they wouldnt tear into my enclosed trailer floor every time I go in and out!

taken said:
Just ordered. With the weather the way it is, our test ride may have to wait for next year, but I'm confident with what I've read, that we will be happy. Thanks for all the help!!!

where did you oreder them from and how much $$$?

thanks

snowtracker for yamaha

go for agressive (extreme) only forget the semi

it take more gaz and lost top speed

i tried one hole on the strap and found it was too much on straight line
try to lose or tied the front shock

i would like to try simmons skis
why we need harware like snowtracker under the skis ?
but i ride with them since 2002

I ordered a set of semi aggressive Snowtrackers from my dealer. When I asked if they were for the 2011 Apex ski they said ,,actually they are for the 2010 ,, you have to leave the last bolt loose or add a spacer to fit the new profile. Apparently , they will bend if we tighten them to spec. Can someone confirm this ?

On my second set of Snowtrackers on my SE, fit is fine, didn't have to leave anything loose. First set was Semi-aggressive, lasted 3,000kms, photos on the first page of this post. Second set are aggressive ones but no hardpack to try them on yet. Last week did 340 kms on Sat with them but 40cm of wet snow so hard to tell if they are too aggressive on the 2011 ski. No loose bolts or spacers required but wondering if they will re-design for the new ski design???I'd stick with the Semi's for non aggressive drivers, the work great!!! :Rockon:

Not sure where your dealer would have got that information. I put the semi-aggressives on my 2011 SE and found them to fit the profile perfectly. Just install them according the the enclosed instructions. No need to add spacers or do anything but tighten them. By the way, you are going to love the handling and performance of these carbides. :-o

I have been given information that says if you are going to go with Aggressive snowtrackers to use the 2010 skis not the 2011. They did tests and I would make sure and get something in writting in case something happens.

I would only put semi aggressive snowtrackers on the 2011 skis and if you want the extreme aggressive ones put them on the 2010 skis.

I am putting the 2010 skis on next year with the extreme snowtrackers.

I would be interested in this information you have been given. Yamaha lists the snowtrackers in their accessories catalage and I have'nt noticed any warnings or disclaimers from them.
You say they did tests... Who are "They", and can you post or provide any detail on the results of their tests and their recommendations?

Back