• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2010 XTX Wind Deflector Options

mshanks

Hey got my first new sled in 11 years, a new in the box 2010 XTX. Love the sled, but I'm getting a lot wind blowing across my mid section. What Yamaha accessory works best, the Side Body Deflector or the Windshield Side Deflector Kit? If you have any photos of them installed, that would be great.

They work great at keeping the wind off the mid section, one of the best things I did.
DSC00283.jpg

DSC00284.jpg

You can see in my second pic, 3 bolts hold it to the flares on the windshield and you get a longer dzus fastener to mount to the side of the top shroud. That is only for that windshield...if you get the factory mid height W/S it's only 2 screws to the flares on the W/S.

Here is my 09 with the OEM ws & side defectors.

Attachments

• P1010948.JPG
    P1010948.JPG
    171.7 KB · Views: 131
  • P1010949.JPG
    P1010949.JPG
    169 KB · Views: 139
yup

running them too in white.
Never rode without them, but i can tell you i dont understand how people get cold on this sled.
Mines nice and toasty!
only thing i recomend is, when u swap out the zeus fasteners, keep the metal spring washer on the inside. i.e. switch that washer over to the new zeus fasteners too. dont just trust the plastic washer like instructions say. it dont work.

Going to revive this old thread, because I bought some used side deflectors and they never came with the longer dzus fasteners. Is there a part number I ca get them anywhere? I looked on yammy's site and couldn't find anything, and I don't know the length I need to order from another site.

Beenba said:
Going to revive this old thread, because I bought some used side deflectors and they never came with the longer dzus fasteners. Is there a part number I ca get them anywhere? I looked on yammy's site and couldn't find anything, and I don't know the length I need to order from another site.
The guys on this site tuned me in on this, I had the same issue. Just take off your your top and squeeze the recievers a little with some some good pliers. Take your time and don't over do it. Just give a little squeeze and repeat until you have enough and they'll work. You only need about 3mm's.

Attachments

• 197.JPG
    197.JPG
    102.2 KB · Views: 131
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out tonight!

Back