• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2016 or 14 Apex XTX?

renegademan17

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Attak, 97 700SX, 76 Ski Doo Olympic
What w0uld you go with 2016 XTX with 1.75 track or 14 XTX with tipped up rails? 2014 is $1800 cheaper. Haven't heard good things on 16 rear suspension but like the 1.75 track option. Would 1.75 back country work on the 14?

I may be partial, but I love my 2016 1.75. If you take time to set up the shock, I think you will be pleased. It corners exceptional for a 146"

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Go with the 14 XTX

Tipped up rails ride better on trails if that's a selling point to you.
Find myself doing more off trail and breaking trail nowdays. But I do like the tipped up rails for the trails. Just wondering if Yamaha will send the shock update for the 16's as well?

Find myself doing more off trail and breaking trail nowdays. But I do like the tipped up rails for the trails. Just wondering if Yamaha will send the shock update for the 16's as well?
Ride like a short track on trail and the second in deep stuff ride like a long track. I have a 121 with tip up rails to a 144.

A 1.75 Backcountry will fit the '14 just fine if you remove all the tunnel protectors from the front cooler and under the seat.

I love my 2015 XTX. Rides great and corners like it's on rails. Have the snowtrackers semi aggressives and the ice attack XT track.

Back