• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did u guys see the vid totally Yamaha shared on Facebook? Hole hood and side panels come off in under a minute all the d rings like apex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need on the trail turbo, you really think the sidewinder has special guages? Ok, clutching 400 set up free cause I'm not an idiot.

USD15,500 MSRP for the 137" Deluxe version of the Sidewinder = too rich for my middle class blood.

Even if I could get one for USD1,400 off of MSRP....too much money......I am not a buyer at over USD14,000

Exactly. That's why I'm keeping mine. But the new Sidewinder is a nice machine. However, I agree that the days of purebred Yamaha sleds may be over.

IMO with Yamahas market share being what it was and the impact of the tsunami in Japan, if it weren't for the Cat arrangement/merger, what ever it is I'm not sure we would not see a Yamaha sled at all.
And as I said before"if this is good for Yamaha and Arctic Cat it's good for snowmobiling and us as snowmobilers".

I'm tired of all the oh #*$&@ this new super tech advanced Sidewinder Turbo is expensive ...

Go to BRP site and build a Doo... Add the features , add their LED light kit, add their adjustable shock option , add an aftermarket turbo , add , add, add...

Oh and u still have a 2 smoke so add your engine job in 5 k...

Then give your head a hard shake after u take it outta your ..... The sand...

Boys this is technology and If u play u pay.

I for one won't bitch at all about the price because I'm getting exactly what I'm paying for and all covered under their warranty ...
Bravo Yamaha!! :4STroke:

:yam:

I'm tired of all the oh #*$&@ this new super tech advanced Sidewinder Turbo is expensive ...

Go to BRP site and build a Doo... Add the features , add their LED light kit, add their adjustable shock option , add an aftermarket turbo , add , add, add...

Oh and u still have a 2 smoke so add your engine job in 5 k...

Then give your head a hard shake after u take it outta your ..... The sand...

Boys this is technology and If u play u pay.

I for one won't bitch at all about the price because I'm getting exactly what I'm paying for and all covered under their warranty ...
Bravo Yamaha!! :4STroke:

:yam:
X2

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

IMO with Yamahas market share being what it was and the impact of the tsunami in Japan, if it weren't for the Cat arrangement/merger, what ever it is I'm not sure we would not see a Yamaha sled at all.
And as I said before"if this is good for Yamaha and Arctic Cat it's good for snowmobiling and us as snowmobilers".

Good point. Agreed. And for the guys that bleed blue only jumping up and down excited thinking Cat was not involved with the Sidewinder.....directly from Yamaha literature...
" Another important factor to acknowledge is the Yamaha relationship with Arctic Cat. Their world class engineering team collaborated on much of the engine calibration and chassis requirements along with designing the intake and exhaust systems. Arctic Cat brought a lot of experience to the project having mass produced
turbo charged snowmobiles for several seasons. They were very eager to pursue this new challenge working with Yamaha."

I agree, lots of talk about the motor, not much about the ride, the handling, the suspension or the chassis. I will talk with a few that just got back today from the test rides. I heard second hand from one that was in the omg state, this thing is so fast. I guess all the magz guys were really buzzing about it.

Good point. Agreed. And for the guys that bleed blue only jumping up and down excited thinking Cat was not involved with the Sidewinder.....directly from Yamaha literature...
" Another important factor to acknowledge is the Yamaha relationship with Arctic Cat. Their world class engineering team collaborated on much of the engine calibration and chassis requirements along with designing the intake and exhaust systems. Arctic Cat brought a lot of experience to the project having mass produced
turbo charged snowmobiles for several seasons. They were very eager to pursue this new challenge working with Yamaha."
The motor was developed before the A/C agreement.

It probably rides just like viper with those fox shocks probably great. Very positive reviews on that chassis.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back