• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

probably not much until 2018. i am guessing big changes for 2018 and not with cat. i am hoping for a complete overhaul of models in 2018. kind of like what they did for 97 when the proaction chassis came out.

If Yamaha goes on without Cat what happens to Viper? I'm thinking Cat & Yamaha both in pretty darn deep now & a divorce would be very messy for us & both companies. Yam could aborb AC snomo division then cat keeps the rest probably no interest to Yamaha anyway. Another OEM Agreement is signed or Yamaha pulls plug takes everything back to Japan both go their separate ways. Simplest would be to sign another agreement but productwise the customer preference is Japan so wondering what is next? It will be very interesting to see how this evolves in the next 2 years.

Could Yamaha be ramping up for a North American production plant of their own? They could build sleds and wheelers here and avoid a bunch of cost from bringing product from overseas.

Could Yamaha be ramping up for a North American production plant of their own? They could build sleds and wheelers here and avoid a bunch of cost from bringing product from overseas.
Yep maybe ...makes sense.

Maybe Yamaha is working on a new sled with Cat. Hard to believe after five years that would just end their partnership with Cat. I'm not saying if this is good or bad, but a possibility.

Well...Cat just came out with a new 4 stroke built by Kymco, so does that mean the partnership is not as tight as some are thinking & maybe going the other way soon!

Keep your expectations low and you won't get that disappointed. I did just that this year and when the 2016 lineup was introduced, I wasn't surprised as it happens every year with Yamaha, ie. minimal refinements and bng.

I will not buy another Yamaha, unless it's all built by Yamaha. Oh yeah...and lighter! I can't believe I have to mention that.

Well...Cat just came out with a new 4 stroke built by Kymco, so does that mean the partnership is not as tight as some are thinking & maybe going the other way soon!
No I just think Yamaha took a pass on 60hp 4s engine...no horse for the course type of thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back