• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it really matter? Truth is, the chassis that these motors sit it typically fall apart long before the motors. I sold my apex with 13,000 miles and I had loose tunnel rivets, a whole new exhaust cause the original fell apart, and new floor board radiators cause the originals cracked.

My Dad lost compression in 2 cylinders on his 2007 Attak Gt at 17,000 miles. He bought it new and it had nothing but the best trails and maintenance.
innesotas Nick Keller would contest your claim,clocking over 99000 miles on his Yamaha 4 stroke sled .Trued,tried ,tested,and Proven.

I've got nothing to add other than I'm posting to see if this thread can surpass 100 pages soon.

You guys are getting off topic. I have a nytro and an e-tec for different purposes. No doubt the 3 cylinder Yamaha is my favorite motor. The 800 e-tec may blow up someday but I'm not spending tons of money on the ski doo to make it handle decent as it does that in stock form nor am I adding wheels on the skid, replacing ball joints all the time - you get the point. I'm just hoping March 1st shows us the direction Yamaha's snowmobile program is moving.

The reason I like this site is the usual lack of brand bashing and mature conversation. Keeping my fingers crossed that we are surprised!

Same here......... but this thread will easily go over 100 before the showing of the 2017 lineup.

I came back to Yamaha...just for the 4 stroke...I don't care if they are heavier, and don't ride or handle as nice.....my last two cats, and my last two doo's got towed..due to blown engines...You can talk until you are blue in the face about the new two stroke from ski-doo (cat or polaris for that matter)....and you'd never convince me to go back...I ride trails in the upper Midwest, rarely go off trail, and do not powder ride...so having a lightweight two stroke means squat to me. Reliability is most important to me...turn key and go....Yamaha is the best for that...and nobody else has even come close. You will never convince me that a two stroke is a better machine for an older trail veteran or high mileage rider[/QUOTE

Bump for post number increase❄

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

innesotas Nick Keller would contest your claim,clocking over 99000 miles on his Yamaha 4 stroke sled .Trued,tried ,tested,and Proven.

You will NEVER see that kind of mileage on a YamaCAT. NEVER ever ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back