• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Camoplast Cobra 144" Track

VX1R

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Ordered: 2025 SW LTX-LE Final Edition
Current Riders:
2018 SW LTX-LE
2002 SRX Custom
Rough Trail: 2023 Lynx Xterrian 900TurboR
Vintage Riders:
1980 Enticer 300 Twin
1986 Inviter
1998 Phazer Mt. Lite
1996 Phazer Mt. Lite Mod
For any of you guys that are thinking about swapping out your Ripsaw track on your Nytro XTX, or converting your sled to a 144" track, I thought that I would pass along some information that I recently got directly from someone at Camoplast.

If you are looking for a Cobra style track with the 1.35" lug height in a 144" length, they will be coming out with a 144" version in the standard 2.52" pitch. This track will be fully clipped, all open windows, and will be the standard 2-ply track that is found on most sleds. Estimated weight is 44 lbs. Part #9107H.

They are also coming out with a Cobra track in a 146" length that is going to be using the new single ply for weight savings. This track will be using a 2.86" pitch, so you would need to change the drive sprockets. This track will be fully clipped, all open windows, and the estimated weight is 40 lbs. Part # 9094H.

They expect these tracks to be available in August. It's nice to have another option available in the 144" length for a crossover type sled.

Thats good to here they are going to have other track options! Does anyone know how that track compares to the 1.375 inch Articat Sno Pro track pt# 1602-160 as far as design? That track works great on my Attack compared to the stock rip saw but they only make that design in a 121 and 136 if they made it in a 144 I would order it tomarrow with a 1.5 inch stud.

Tippylake said:
Thats good to here they are going to have other track options! Does anyone know how that track compares to the 1.375 inch Articat Sno Pro track pt# 1602-160 as far as design? That track works great on my Attack compared to the stock rip saw but they only make that design in a 121 and 136 if they made it in a 144 I would order it tomarrow with a 1.5 inch stud.
That track is NO comparison to the cat track. When I was shopping for tracks I got a hold of one. After looking at it I thought the lug was waay too soft for any racing I was planning on. I think your better off cutting the 1.75 backcountry down if your looking for stiffness.

I ran the 121 cobra. amazing traction for such a soft lug design. Theoritically it should not hook up anywhere near as well as it does. good track in all conditions.

Topgun said:
Tippylake said:
That track is NO comparison to the cat track. When I was shopping for tracks I got a hold of one. After looking at it I thought the lug was waay too soft for any racing I was planning on. I think your better off cutting the 1.75 backcountry down if your looking for stiffness.

It's the same as the Cat track. The Cat track is clipped every third and that's pretty much it.

SledFreak said:
Topgun said:
Tippylake said:

It's the same as the Cat track. The Cat track is clipped every third and that's pretty much it.

Its only the f-series cats that use this cobra. The 1.375 sno pro track he is referring too is what was used on the firecats and zr900sno pros. Its a 1.375 paddle and hard as a rock. Lasts forever and has insane hookup. I had one on my rtx earlier this season.

Oh, I thought he was talking about the Cobra track. Although, 1.375 Cat Track hookup good, it is a top end killer. You would be lucky to break 95 with that track.

SledFreak said:
Oh, I thought he was talking about the Cobra track. Although, 1.375 Cat Track hookup good, it is a top end killer. You would be lucky to break 95 with that track.

yup, my apex would only do 95-98gps on snow with that track but I didnt get stuck till I put the ripsaw back on.

Back