• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NEW FX NYTRO EXHAUST

Brad Marsman

Last year I bought an 08 Nytro RTX. I love the sled! Awesome power and it soaks up all the bumps, better then my REV did. Cornering needed a little help.
I have been surfing the web for a year trying to figure out what to buy. I wanted a sweet sounding street bike exhaust with no "blaaat" I also wanted to get rid of the slow backshifing. Everything out their is very expensive and I couldnt find the right exhaust for me besides the yoshi set up.

I have been talking to Schmidt Bros. about exhaust and clutch kit. Two weeks ago, I went to his race shop in Whittemore, MI. We installed his duel echaust and cold air intake along with his clutch kit. All I can say is AWESOME!!!! The backshifting is GONE! The exhaust doesnt sound like a piped quad or a volkswagon with a fart tube. Fit and Finish is next to none. The sled engages at 4000 rpm and now over revs at 9000, with a full powerband. I lost NO torque or power and gained a lot throughout the whole powerband with a solid 10 mph increase. SWEET!!!!
Handling, I put on a set of Simmons GEN2 skis, Great on and off the trail, they are pretty aggressive though! Needed to put stiffer front spring and skid, then loosen the limiter strap. TOTALLY DIFFERENT MACHINE!! All around worth every penny, especialy at HALF the price of others!!

I have put on 100 miles and will blog more after my next trip to U.P.

P.S. Getting a wet left foot?? We installed a closure plate on the top of the tunnel. IT WORKS!!

Chris at Shmidt Bros. is very knowledgeable and helpful! You can contact them at 989-756-2150 or visit the web at www.schmidtbrosmotorsports.com

Pictures

New to this, will try to put pictures on tommorrow. will also try video with the sound.

Back