• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

"NEW FX130 MID SEASON"

3 cylinder 120 motor out of the Vector installed in a modified Phazer chassis.

Octane,
I know what you mean but that is the price of progress. It is like my dealer said, there will always be something better next year.

maybe there going to change all the sleds to the phazer body style 150 h.p., 120 h.p. and 80 h.p. except the 150 and 120 would be 100 lbs. lighter

The odd's of Yamaha having a mid season release are very low. However what everyone is hearing about is probably Yammies traditional late January new model intro for the following year. The may have some prototypes for people to ride like when the Viper came out(likely), but the odds of being able to buy and ride this season are very low.

I'm betting on the 750 triple. The fact the Nytro motor is in the race sled has no bearing on what will be in the consumer sled, or what will be in the race sled long term. I doubt that if Yammie is bringing an 750 Triple they would show it this early in the Race sled anyways.

Who would want the Nytro engine anyways? It's relatively heavy, and relatively slow to rev. It would screw up the balance of the sled and change its character entirely. I wouldn't want one, I would rather have the 80 for the tight twisties, way more fun and dirt bike like(although i would take a 750 gear reduced triple in a heart beat).

SharkAttak said:
maybe there going to change all the sleds to the phazer body style 150 h.p., 120 h.p. and 80 h.p. except the 150 and 120 would be 100 lbs. lighter

And I want a toilet made of solid gold !

Now, morrisond is starting to talk some sense.

rockrider said:
Octane,
I know what you mean but that is the price of progress. It is like my dealer said, there will always be something better next year.
I know what you mean, but how upset would you be if you bought a Phazer but wanted something more in the 120 hp range and then in January Yamaha came out with an FX chassis sled with the 120 triple?
Believe me, Im thankfull that Yamaha is constantly pushing the envelope. I spent way too many years being loyal to Polaris when they came out with little more the BNGs.

Reaper, The Phazer is two 250 bike motors put together!!!!!!!!!!!

With Yamaha it would be easy to put two 450s together too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like always, we'll have to wait & see!

The 3 cylinder doesn't sound that exciting to me for the new bigger Phazer either!

Toooo heavy!!!

Maybe a 750, 3 250 jugs would be the answer!!??

BR

COLDONE said:

With Yamaha it would be easy to put two 450s together too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like always, we'll have to wait & see!

The 3 cylinder doesn't sound that exciting to me for the new bigger Phazer either!

Toooo heavy!!!

Maybe a 750, 3 250 jugs would be the answer!!??

BR

Sorry guys the truth of the matter is you WON"T see a bigger twin. At least not for next season. It will be a 130-135 fuel injected triple based off the vector motor, obviously. It will be in the Phazer chassis and it will be badged the Nytro. The Yamaha sno-x team of Malinoski and Nakazawa will be running the NEW sled this weekend at the Gaylord MI. National. The sled they ran duluth with was LAST years machine with different body work. This weekend comming they will be on a totally different sled. Just thought i'd clear that up :)..

COLDONE said:
BR

It is not two YZ250F motors stuck together, they share similarities but it is a new motor.

Easy on the exclamation marks :)

I would really like to know the ACTUAL weight difference between the 80 and 120. Not some preconcieved notion of how much more it weighs. Lets remember the 120 has no gear reduction mass to include so we're talking 3-4 more inches of cam, crank, balance shaft and a cylinder.

Lets hear some guesses. Is it 5,10,15,20......

My guess is 15 lbs. and NO concerns about my fillings falling out.

Somebody start a new poll!!!

SnoXer470 said:
Sorry guys the truth of the matter is you WON"T see a bigger twin. At least not for next season. It will be a 130-135 fuel injected triple based off the vector motor, obviously. It will be in the Phazer chassis and it will be badged the Nytro. The Yamaha sno-x team of Malinoski and Nakazawa will be running the NEW sled this weekend at the Gaylord MI. National. The sled they ran duluth with was LAST years machine with different body work. This weekend comming they will be on a totally different sled. Just thought i'd clear that up :)..
And, uh, who did you say you were?

Back