• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New goodies for the Viper

TD Max

Lifetime Member
Stopped by to see Jason at Muffin Works this weekend. Picked up a pair of the billet suspension spring adjustment cams, a copper exhaust gasket for just in case, and his poly bracket for the Fox air pump.

Add this to the HID kit from Yamaheater already here and the MBRP trail can. HID kit was no brainer. Can I could have done without, but not wanting to mess with the potential failure of the OE muffler...

Next up: Dupont slides and rear wheel kit.

I was thinking of those sliders but if those don't give then your track clips will wear more. So not sure if that's a good idea either.

Reg sliders are cheap and easy to change. Change them half way through winter also if u want. Only $40 a pair

I've been running the DuPont hyfax on a 141" 1.6 cobra and they are fine. Clips are looking great , hyfax is wearing much slower than the cat sliders did and the track looks good. No crazy wear or issues. Don't buy into all that some have said regarding the DuPont hyfax including needing a fully clipped track. I have seen no issues or downfalls to running them, except for the price -)

Got a bunch of stuff coming for mine, anyone have a Skinz Viper muffler yet? Looking to order the Super Q...

Stopped by to see Jason at Muffin Works this weekend. Picked up a pair of the billet suspension spring adjustment cams, a copper exhaust gasket for just in case, and his poly bracket for the Fox air pump.

Add this to the HID kit from Yamaheater already here and the MBRP trail can. HID kit was no brainer. Can I could have done without, but not wanting to mess with the potential failure of the OE muffler...

Next up: Dupont slides and rear wheel kit.

Same here.....DUpont slides and rear wheel kit

How many miles/km's are people getting on the stock sliders ? on my previous Phazer i would go through a set of sliders every 500-1000km's (depending on conditions). I put Duponts on it about 3000km's ago and they may have worn 1/8th of an inch since. To me they are the best thing in the world.
I now have about 2500km's on the viper and its approaching the wear line, I will replace them with Duponts when its time.. just not sure how long people are getting out of the regular sliders and when I should expect to do them, before the season starts, or if i'll get another season out of them.

My stock slides were totally shot at 500 miles..they had several wavy spots in them and on the front bend they were almost wore thru. Duponts were on for 1800 miles and they look brand new! They haven't wore a bit and track clips are in perfect shape. Duponts r expensive but a great investment if u plan to put on some miles

xtx. i also run the track on the loose side of the specs.

Same here....2,800? miles or so and they look real good yet! But I want to free up some power so I will be getting Duponts. I rode with SHagman most of the time and the snow was incredible! I run my track a little tighter than Shagman. XTX here also, same as Shag.

I have 1500 on mine and look like I can get another 1000 easy on my XTX. I think the snow condidtions and track tension play a big role.

I was thinking of those sliders but if those don't give then your track clips will wear more. So not sure if that's a good idea either.

Reg sliders are cheap and easy to change. Change them half way through winter also if u want. Only $40 a pair

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIwPKGhB-ho

Decreased friction between hyfax and sliders is decreased friction. Both should last longer.

Back