• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new nytro owner

soul_hammer

Expert
hi all i just got my first 4 stroke a 2006 nytro i have loved the look of these and i hope they perform like i have heard they do. is there anything i need to know befor i start ripping up the trails and ditches?

0 miles new out of the crate $5500

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0219.jpg

DSC_0221.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

change the carbides at least if not the skis as well. Also i would keep an eye on the wheels. The stock ones have a rep of going quick.
Best of luck- you will love the machine.

Congratulations on your new 4 stroke! ;)!

Please read the owners manual and understand your new machine.

I suggest that break-in be performed per owners manual recommendations.

It may seem boring just droning around within the operating ranges but it will pay off around 1,000 miles, as the motor gets stronger.

Here why... Some opinions of "ride it like you stole it" during break-in is very questionable and almost suspicious, when the rings are not the only thing in the motor that needs to be seated and broken-in properly.

This is a dual over-head cam motor.

Just to name a few:
Cams
Cam lobes
Cam Chains
Cam Chain Adjusters
Valve springs
Valves
Piston
Piston rings
Crank case bearings
Crank shaft
Chain case chain, adjuster, bearings
Coolant pump bearings
Jack-shaft bearings
Lower drive bearings
Etc, Etc, Etc,...

The entire machine needs to be broke in properly.

On my 2005 RS Venture, the motor is the same as yours. A valve check was performed at a little over 22,000 miles. 3 exhaust valves were tight and needed to be shimmed. This is the only thing that has been done to this original factory engine.

The motor was broken in by the book.

Once broken in, go for it!

Change the oil per book recommendations.

At minus -20 below use half choke to start the machine or you'll flood it.

Let the warm up light go out before you move the machine, and you'll be in good shape.

The motor is extremely reliable. I have certainly enjoyed mine.

Welcome to the site. :rocks:

Enjoy your new ride and all the best! ;)!

:4STroke:

thanks for the replys guys. i will take care breaking it in i want the sled to last. i did read about the darting on the trails would a set of dual runners help with that or what kind of carbides do you recomend.

soul_hammer said:
thanks for the replys guys. i will take care breaking it in i want the sled to last. i did read about the darting on the trails would a set of dual runners help with that or what kind of carbides do you recomend.

Go with STUD BOY DEUCE expensive but will outlast regular ones 3 to 1 hers a link...also make a search on how to shim your skis, lots of good info on this site...

Congrats on your new sled, you'll love it!

http://www.amsnow.com/sno/default.aspx?c=a&id=2304

Woody's or Yamaha doolies in the assessory catalog or studboy's are a quick inexpensive fix.

There are certainly many aftermarket runners and skis.

My all-time favorite aftermarket skis are Curve XS. They are an advertiser on the site.

Here is a link to one thread. Click on the "zenwaiter pod-cast" and you'll be able to listen to the explanation how the ski works.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=61789

Hope this helps! ;)!

Sweet looking ride dude, I just picked up an 07 blue one with 330 miles on it, can't wait to let it rip.

You got an awesome deal, I thought I did well also $5300 very low miles, did you buy from a dealer? your will have a warranty.

Nytro

The only other thing the others have not yet touched on for you is look into changing the swaybar. Even if you only step up to a 12mm, you will notice the difference.

Great sled. Lot of fun......

yep i got it form a local dealer i have a realy good relationship with them i have been waiting since last fall for the price to drop enough yes i am a cheap #*$&@ lol. i will look into the swaybar also now about this shimming could someone hook me up with the 411 on that thanks.

Do a search on shimming, from what I have read you put a shim (up to a 1/4 inch) between the ski and the rubber bumper behind the spindle, this makes the skis more parallel with the ground and the front doesn't hunt as much.

$5500 is an awesome deal, I talked to a few dealers around here with leftovers...they wouldn't go lower than $6800

Nytro

Wow 6800.

I would be willing to sell mine if that is what they are pulling. !!!!!!!!!

I was tossing around the idea of selling and jumping on an FX Nytro. If that is what they are selling for guess I should take offers eh??? :hide:

I wouldn't say there selling for that much...they all still have them!! 06 depending on miles may get around $5500

if you go to totallyamaha technical pages they have info on shimming and other great things.
i myself have been fighting :o| not being able to turn in sharp slow corners or loosely packed snow :exc: . i have 192 woody mega-bites and 8 inch woody's. i just bought a pair of simmons skis, (big bucks.$465 :bling ) i'm cheap too but thats cheaper then a new sled. if that doesn't work i WILL go to a ski-doo. love everything about my nitro(06) but that :o|

Sounds like you got a great deal on a sweet sled!

As for the darting ssue I had it when my 08 Vector was new, I shimmed the skis and it helped alot but didn't last very long. After break-in I started adjusting my susp for more transfer and now the darting is almost gone. I have my sled set up for alot of transfer, it is great for that fun factor! The sled handles alot better, and I can pull the skis up just about anywhere I want to. The only problem I have with the stock skis is that they are really narrow and don't float very well in the deep stuff.

Back