• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Poo got leaked...

I've had a few motors apart. Here is the deal the poo's big twin is made like crap. No alignment pins for the crank bearings. Cheap bearings my crank guy was like $12-15 a CRANK bearing on mine, and used poo ones. This "new" 800 uses the same old cases with a newer light crank. The cases are junk from Polaris not all machined the same. There is a guy named "indy Dan" and he does these motors the way Poo should do them. I'd NEVER buy a pooplaris 800. Heck my remaned crank was the same cost as my buddies 1 Suzuki 900 cat bearing.

vector06 said:
What are the thoughts on Poos 600 2-smoke?

Indistructible - almost as good as the old Yammi tripples of which I have one with 18600 miles on it and never been opened up.

I talked a buddy into a 2012 Pro r 600 switchback last year and it was faster than the 800 out to about 60 then I would fun him over. But the motors have never had an issue. At most of the shoot outs this yr the 600 indy was the fastest of the bunch.

I heard the same thing. Know a guy with 7k miles on a 600 dragon with 0 issues. Might have to try one of those Indy 600's!

Yes the Polaris 600 is not only the most reliable 2 stroke out there, but also the fastest most powerful 600. And the motor has been around since 2000, with it going from carbs to efi along the way. That's 14 ( make it 15) years of 600 dominance.
The yami 2 stroke triples were good, but they only lasted from 97-04 as production motors, and had many rivals that were made by other sled brands that surpassed them in those years. Now, the yami smoker triples are reliable, but not infallible.
The new 800 in the axys is an evolution of the existing 800, but it has completely new cases. The new cases have the engine mounts built in, at bare minimum. So you can't say it's the same old motor/ cases. There's so much more going on with the new motor, and more info will come out about it. It's hard to not instantly summize that a lighter crank should create less strain on the whole reciprocating assembly, enhancing durability. Plus there are what appears to be improved oil lines to the crank bearings, and more coolant passages to the ves, enhancing durability there too. The lack of cooling around
The ves and lack of cooling is one area motor gurus think is a flaw on the old CFI 8.

Well last season I picked up an 09 Nytro for at the time a decent deal. Put a track on it, oilite bushings, xwheels, sliders, ball joints, ski's etc. etc. After spending money trying to get it set up I still didn't even like the way the sled rode. Lost my shirt on resale thanks to the viper coming out.

As pissed as I was for the first time ever I quit drinking the blue kool aid and went to the dark side. Bought a 14' 600 Switchback assault 144. I don't want to brag but this is THE BEST bang for buck sled I have ever owned. After a 200 mile day on a nytro I was both physically and mentally warn out. I can ride 400 miles on the Poo, Eat dinner and go ride another 100 miles and still not need a bed! Does it have issues? Yea the water pump decided to turn the coolant grey at just past 500 miles. Dealer fixed if for me in a couple days and i got it back for my trip. It may rattle and vibrate a bit compared to any yamaha. Do I care? I tend not to notice it when I'm riding the sled, after all thats what they are for. Not to sit in your garage so you can polish it and show all your friends. Just got back from a trip with me, a 14 renegade 600, an 11 apex and a 14 viper. Guess who had issues? The 11 apex with 4500 km's on it.

My father purchased a 14 viper ltx deluxe and while I'd say the cat sucks up the bumps better and most would say it has better trail manners, I wouldn't trade for that lump any day. I have probably logged close to 60 miles on the viper and I don't like it.

What am I getting at? If you're tired of your current sled and tired of team blue not bringing anything that excites you to the table, put the blue kool aid down for a minute. Shut the TY forum down, get out there and go ride some new sleds from the other manufacturers. Easily done if your other friends ride other brands but I'm sure some of the dealers have rides going on now. You can't decide if you like a sled in 10 miles but I'll tell ya, there are better performing SLEDS on the market. I say SLEDS because we ride them as a hole. It takes a total package working together to make a sled, not just engine.. or an engine that is crammed in someone else's chassis that already sucks.

toyota4runner said:
I bet the guy who bought your Nytro is stoked about it lol :sled1: :-o

Better be, had a lot of new stuff on it!

Never again in my life will I spend stupid money on a sled trying to make it ride and handle better. It should be damn close out of the box.. After all we're paying stupid money for them to begin with. I'm young but a very experienced rider. If I can't ride it, or set it up to ride it.. Its never going to work.

For what its worth my current sled is an assault. Its not a "trail" sled but I have near 4000 MIlLES on it, with 90% of that on trails. I adjusted some springs and some clicks on the shocks, THAT'S IT! You won't catch me on the trails. It was 3 grand cheaper than a viper and I got a cover, skidplate, handlebar bag, windshield bag, under seat bag and a tunnel bag!

horkn
.... new 800 in the axys is an evolution of the existing 800, but it has completely new cases. The new cases have the engine mounts built in, at bare minimum. So you can't say it's the same old motor/ cases. There's so much more going on with the new motor, and more info will come out about it. It's hard to not instantly summize that a lighter crank should create less strain on the whole reciprocating assembly, enhancing durability

Sounds good but take one apart sometime, then take anyone elses 800 motor apart and tell me what you think of the bearings in the crank...maybe I'm wrong and poo started caring but I'm not going to be a test bunny. Some get lucky IE: wifes 700xc with poorly designed bottom end with over 10,000 miles, never touched the engine top or bottom, carbs and power valves that's it.

Why is everyone praising the axis? Yes it's a great sled but it's not a totally new sled. It's the same as if yamaha updated the nytro with race front end, wrp seat and a trail tank and steering relocator and 128" relocate in rear(part of their race package). If yamaha did that you would have all bitched that it wasn't all brand new.

But here your crying its revolutionary from poo. Not saying nytro's amazing and the axis sucks. Just saying its a simple progression from the pro r last year and with some tweaks it's now the axis for all practical purposes. Yes they are awesome changes and I bet majority would be pleased with a nytro with the same changes but I don't see it as revolutionary.

Back