• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New product from TeamFAST

MrSled said:
jzack said:
Hot off the press!

Thought a few of you Yammie guys may be interested in these. I may try a set in my IQ this year.

http://teamfast.com/documents/WEBSITE%2 ... 092309.pdf

I hope you are not trying to sell these.... informing is just fine....other then that you will get booted if you break our rules.

You guys got me! Yes, I ride a Polaris and am a fan of TeamFAST's products. I guess that's enough to exclude me from posting suspension info in the suspension forum on a public site. This is a public forum, correct? Or do the advertisers own it and control access?

To be fair, yes I have worked in the early development of TeamFAST's Airwave suspension. That is why you will see most my posts stick to informing TYers about that product. However, I do not work FOR TeamFAST. I drive truck for a living and that's where 99% of my income comes from.

MrSled- When Gerard at TeamFAST called and said "I got this Yamaha guy who owns a website asking to test an Airwave in his project sled", I said "go for it". I instantly thought TY would be a great place to get the word out. People come to this forum to look for honest, unbiased reviews free from advertising dollar influence. Thats what I saw in your head to head comparison of the M-10 and Expert suspensions a few years ago. Can we still expect that from this site?

I hope you enjoy your Airwave as much as I do mine. I would love to here your review in this forum.

Thanks, Jeff.

Until then.....

Attachments

• walk-on-egg-shells.jpg
    walk-on-egg-shells.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 65
MrSled said:
I should have known.... a doo guy to jump on my butt.... cant win with your guys.... dont like it LEAVE!!
Are you trying to twist my arm? Please check all my post's here and you will see I'm here to help. Maybe the post about getting a little antzie is true for more than just members?

jzack said:
MrSled said:
jzack said:
Hot off the press!

Thought a few of you Yammie guys may be interested in these. I may try a set in my IQ this year.

http://teamfast.com/documents/WEBSITE%2 ... 092309.pdf

I hope you are not trying to sell these.... informing is just fine....other then that you will get booted if you break our rules.

You guys got me! Yes, I ride a Polaris and am a fan of TeamFAST's products. I guess that's enough to exclude me from posting suspension info in the suspension forum on a public site. This is a public forum, correct? Or do the advertisers own it and control access?

To be fair, yes I have worked in the early development of TeamFAST's Airwave suspension. That is why you will see most my posts stick to informing TYers about that product. However, I do not work FOR TeamFAST. I drive truck for a living and that's where 99% of my income comes from.

MrSled- When Gerard at TeamFAST called and said "I got this Yamaha guy who owns a website asking to test an Airwave in his project sled", I said "go for it". I instantly thought TY would be a great place to get the word out. People come to this forum to look for honest, unbiased reviews free from advertising dollar influence. Thats what I saw in your head to head comparison of the M-10 and Expert suspensions a few years ago. Can we still expect that from this site?

I hope you enjoy your Airwave as much as I do mine. I would love to here your review in this forum.

Thanks, Jeff.

Jeff, If you really helped in the Airwave then why not tell me who you are..... we are just trying to keep things fair.... and I dont mind FAST coming on but there are to many middle mans trying to make a buck off everyone else.....

Also as far as review, I have yet to get some of the bugs worked out of the skid with the intro to the super charger its not keeping the track tight enough even with extroverts.... also keep loosing air thru the fittings... cant keep air in it the same from ride to ride.....

If you truly had the intentions of not causing issues then you would have talked to me.... what up with that?? how should I treat you.. I dont know who the hell you are...

skippydoo said:
MrSled said:
I should have known.... a doo guy to jump on my butt.... cant win with your guys.... dont like it LEAVE!!
Are you trying to twist my arm? Please check all my post's here and you will see I'm here to help. Maybe the post about getting a little antzie is true for more than just members?

Do you think since this is public forum that you can just post what you want without any rules.... are you kidding me.... maybe we need to go to a full pay site if thats the way you non contributors think.... Freedom of Speech...LOL, Only to a point.... I do own it and I do make the final call on BS verse good honest info that will truely help others.....

I dont have much patience with brand jumpers or smart azzes.... why push the buttons, why smart off.... key boards I guess will do that.... I also have yet to see any of you board thrashers come see me face to face and run your mouth about my site rules..... why?? Your freedom of speech will always have rules.... and sometimes tolerance to pushing those rules have limitations and consequences.

I will be at Milwaukee and Novi and I would be honored to finish this discussion as adults face to face.

Advertising is what keeps this site up and running without it,it would not exist. What MrSled (Tom) is trying to say is we really do have to look out for our advertisers, there are a number of smaller shops that carry products that are manufactured or designed by advertisers on this site, while we want to promote those products for the paying advertiser we do not necessarily want to allow every small shop that sells those products to get free advertising here and make money from that product. However if those smaller shops are willing to help finance this web site through advertising then all is fair and nobody takes advantage of anyone else. Nothing in this world is absolutely free, MrSled has spent 10's of thousands of dollars maintaining this site and everyone that wants to sell product here needs to pony up it's only fair! I'm a life member and I paid my dues up front as did many others if your not a donating member think about it somebody has to pay for this incredible source of info. :rocks:

Convert said:
Advertising is what keeps this site up and running without it,it would not exist.

...we ABSOLUTELY make sure that we protect our paying TY Advertisers by making sure we catch the Wana Be Free Loaders. I don't think a lot of people on here have any idea what goes on behind the scenes and how much work it takes to run this site in both labour and dollars.

:rocks:

Anyone who wants to jump on us mods and the admin of the site ought to pack up your things and join us on a TY ride, just to see how much work really goes into the site, and the benifits that you just wont find from other sites. This is getting towards the time of year when more and more members join and jump from other brands, so yes, tensions run a little higer and its more and more work for us all the time to keep thing running smoothly.
Just don't hide behind your keyboards and start tossing the bull around. You may just end up meeting the guys you piss off and realise we're not here to be @$$holes..
Join the site and get to know the other members. attend a TY ride, purchase as much as you can from our site vendors. You'll see how much easier things run around here.... :)

We're watching the site carefully, everybody can count on that.

We we will take action if site rules are neglected one way or the other.

rxrider
TY Management

MrSled said:
Jeff, If you really helped in the Airwave then why not tell me who you are..... we are just trying to keep things fair.... and I dont mind FAST coming on but there are to many middle mans trying to make a buck off everyone else.....

Also as far as review, I have yet to get some of the bugs worked out of the skid with the intro to the super charger its not keeping the track tight enough even with extroverts.... also keep loosing air thru the fittings... cant keep air in it the same from ride to ride.....

If you truly had the intentions of not causing issues then you would have talked to me.... what up with that?? how should I treat you.. I dont know who the hell you are...

MrSled- Call TeamFAST (218-744-3179) and talk to Brian or Gerard if you like. They can vouch for me if thats whats needed. I'm still not sure how I was mistaken for a dealer. Look at my original post, its just a link to a page on TeamFAST's website. No mention of the product, no price, no pics, or contact info. Seriously, does that post warrant a threatening PM? Maybe I was a red flag because of my post count. But don't count that against me. I check out TY ALL the time because it is a great resource for ideas and set-up info.

I realize your advertisers need to be protected from piggybacking middlemen. But don't forget about your members. Without strong membership who would the advertisers advertise to? We need to be able to come on TY and exchange ideas and info freely without feeling like Big Brother is always watching. Afterall, your FAQ section even mentions, "We are no sell out and will continue to look at it from the consumer side."? Your members ARE the consumer side aren't they?

As far as the bugs in your Airwave, ask Brian at FAST about getting the check-valve for your electric pump to prevent bleed-back. That may solve your leak down. I doubt your fittings would leak if used properly- cut the lines straight and clean and push them ALL the way into the fitting (for push-in style).

I've found the system will hold air for weeks if everythings tight. Windex works good for finding even the smallest leaks. But watch where you spray closely. Tiny bubbles will form if there is a leak.

As for the track ratcheting I'm not sure about that one. You're throwing a ton of torque at it! I've heard that some Yamahas with stock motor and stock skid will even have ratchet problems. For what its worth, my Airwave will ratchet when I run an extra long limiter. Remember that FAST's geometry will tighten the track as it collapses. So it may help to run your limiter one position tighter, 3/3 instead of 4/3 (4/3 being the longest setting). Then adjust the track as tight as you feel possible. This adjustment will also really improve handling with some trade-off in ride quality.

Thanks, Jeff.

these shocks make alot of sense. more air volume means more versatile. and it is true that people are increasing air volume in fox floats with the hygear mod. imagine this amount of air volume increase. i really would like to try these soon. hope someone can post feedback soon.

obr said:
If Fast had any customer service at all, they might even be able to get some of these shocks sold.

Care to share?

I've never had a major problem with them. They do focus more on the performance of their products than marketing/customer relations, although recently they are putting more emphasis on it.

I try to be patient in most situations and remember, you can't ride customer service.

Back