• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Rails

booxr800

Pro
What are the best 144 rails you can buy? I am looking for new rails for my xtx that are stronger than stock not looking for any real weight loss just something strong I do alot of trail riding, ditch banging and back country riding. Thanks for any input.

Yes I checked with them if I send them a rail they will make me a set to my desire. They seem like really good people to deal with and their products look sweet.

Well I am going for it, I took off one of my rails and put it in the mail and its on its way to Ice Age. I don't know how long the process will take to fab up new ones from scratch but I will post some pics when I get them back.

only negative I have, is make sure you have time to wait...they tend to miss some dates....and make sure you email them specific details of what you want...

I ordered a set for my phazer and they had to make them, had them a week and a half after the order. Great guys to work with. $350 shipped

rfrrace said:
Do you know approximately what he would charge to do this for you?
Well they said seeing as they don't make them yet but would keep making them for their product list and for other people it would be only $280. It would be $350 but they have 20% off for the month of April. If it was a one time custome build it would be $500 still not a bad price to get what you want.

booxr800 said:
rfrrace said:
Do you know approximately what he would charge to do this for you?
Well they said seeing as they don't make them yet but would keep making them for their product list and for other people it would be only $280. It would be $350 but they have 20% off for the month of April. If it was a one time custome build it would be $500 still not a bad price to get what you want.

What are you getting these made for? I'm looking for 144" rails, tipped if possible, that can accept the suspension bits from an 08 FX Nytro RTX. From your pics in the other thread, I can see it isn't an RTX (XTX?). I'm assuming my suspension won't bolt into the ice age rails you are getting made?

We (Muffin Works) will be offering billet rails this summer. We already have a proven design for 136" billet rails on the ProActive skid. 144" rails are in the works. For us to do rails for other skids, all we need is a stock rail to map out. Our rails are completely machined from a billet piece of aluminum. We will also be offerring tipped up extensions this summer too.

Well, hopefully yours show up looking waaaay better than mine did...

DSC01687.JPG

DSC01688.JPG

DSC01689.JPG

DSC01691.JPG

DSC01693.JPG

DSC01694.JPG

had to send mine back twice...and once, I had them sent to powdercoating prior to looking at them...oh well...

they did have there problems with getting out the right product, but believe they have gotten better. the quality is good and customer service has always been great. mike and barb work hard to improve the buisness and they offer a great product at a great price. im happy with the sets i have got and there tough.

Back