• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to 4 Stroke - 03 RX-1

Dipe06

Just got an 03 RX-1 ER LE today. 2400mi $3k.

He said it had a bigger sway bar in it, but didn't know if it was one from an 04 or if it was a 12/13mm one. I'll see how it rides.

I'm thinkin bout gettin the straight rate springs on the front but I'll see how it rides before i do anything.

Bring on the snow!

Attachments

• Sled.jpg
    Sled.jpg
    456.9 KB · Views: 151

Nice! Many here don't like the 1st year RX-1 but I think we are special since we have "The world's first high performance 4-stroke Snowmobile.". :Rockon:

I added 4" of high density foam to my seat and it made a huge difference, the stock seat just sits too low for me. If you like cruising more then aggressive riding then you might like the stock seat. The Apex seat is also a nice upgrade since it adds the height and a trunk. I also want to replace the stock "finger" track that came on these sleds since it sucks in any snow condition other than hard packed. I added studs which helped on ice but not the loose stuff.

Bring on the snow!

Dipe06, please enter your location in your user profile.

There were three key updates on the 03 RX-1:
1) straight rate springs
2) longer links
3) slit in the breather hose

Having owned an 03, I found that you needed to do both 1 and 2 as there wasn't much difference without doing both. The slit in the breather hose is prevent ice from building up causing the oil to shoot out the bottom. Make sure you have the slit.

if you wanna go in deep snow and play around take your foam out of the airbox and out in on top and won't have to worry bout it freezing up and put it back when your done also. beware of big jumping and breaking the suspension like i did twice. :p there fun and fast have fun.

Welcome to the site Dipe06

I have 2 of them and an 05, I have also built over 6 03's for friends. Go to a swap meet and pick up a mono shock rear suspension you can get them for around $100 to $200 and the new mounting plates cost $125 at the dealer. While doing the install put a either a ripsaw or a kimpex shotgun track on it.

On the front I reccomend a pair of Ohlin clicker shocks $500, it sounds like you have the larger sway bar and to top it off a pair of simmons flex skis. With this done no one will touch you on a tight twisty or an open lake run.

The ones I have bought did one needed bogeys and hyfax but I just tok them off the no action suspension

Back