• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to me 07 Rage GT

Carbs filthy.
Kleen-flo heavy duty parts cleaner works very well for that.
But don't soak any rubber parts in it.

Thanks all. I currently have all of the shocks out of it for a refresh. I also pulled the skid, and will be cleaning up the rusty spots and repainting. No cracks though, so that is good.

I noticed there are no tunnel protectors on my sled, as in the exhaust is exposed. There are two metal bars that go over the heat exchanger, but since my studs are in the middle of the track they can still hit. I might add on a piece of slide to the bars to try and create a spacer..

Thanks all. I currently have all of the shocks out of it for a refresh. I also pulled the skid, and will be cleaning up the rusty spots and repainting. No cracks though, so that is good.

I noticed there are no tunnel protectors on my sled, as in the exhaust is exposed. There are two metal bars that go over the heat exchanger, but since my studs are in the middle of the track they can still hit. I might add on a piece of slide to the bars to try and create a spacer..
That should work fine depending on your stud length.this is an 07 rage I did for a customer last year&it worked great.

Attachments

• 20190210_144507.jpg
    20190210_144507.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 163

My progress thus far!

Not sure I did the arms totally correctly, but I sanded them down with 80 grit, and coated them with POR-15. Then sanded with 320 grit. Then painted with Metallic Silver Rustoleam. I am about to clearcoat with Rustoleam Crystal Clear coat.

My dad help me, and we chopped up some new hyfax and countersunk and bolted it underneath the heat exchanger, to keep the studs out of the exchanger. Hopefully it doesn't chew up the track. Just slightly over 1.5inches of protection on the heat exchanger now.

Also, shootout to Cannondale27 for refreshing all of my shocks!

Over the next week I will start to reassemble everything. Hopefully the about wraps it up for me this season. I plan on doing the timing chain tensioner in the spring/summer though.

Last edited:
A little bit more progress on the sled. Got the suspension all back together, track aligned, and set the tension.

Following the design from another post on the forum. I made myself a carb sync tool, and synchronized the carbs.

I did replace three of the idler wheels on the skid. Two of the had a pretty big wobble in them, and the other one felt notchy.

Just a couple odds and ends, and all I will need is snow!

Does my 07 RS Rage GT have a pilot screw or an adjustment screw on it other than the ones for the throttle blades? I was going back through the pictures I took of the carbs and couldn't find any. There is one in the parts diagram, but it doesn't really show where it goes...

I didn't take it out if there is one, but I'm assuming its probably capped. Some of the other forum posts suggest that it might be..

Should be item #5. Is it actually behind the throttle butterfly?

Attachments

• carb.PNG
    carb.PNG
    145.4 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Hey everyone! :sled1:

More updates on the sled. Ended up riding it I think twice last season (2020), and twice so far this season (2021). I only put around 200 miles on last season, but so far between the last two weekends I've gone 500 miles. So I am getting close to 2800 miles on the sled. Hoping to get one more weekend in before the end of the season.

A couple things. I was running wide open on the lake, and it started missing, and slowing down. I let off of the gas, and it just shut off. Uh oh. Started right back up though, and has been fine. Rode it another 15o miles without issue. Now I was running 87 octane, but I topped off with 93, and put some seafoam in it, and it has been perfectly fine since. Will keep an eye on it I guess. I never did change the timing chain tensioner so hopefully that doesn't bite me. The shocks Cannondale, refreshed for me are still working great. I also blew up my drive belt last season, but a new OE Yamaha belt seems to have been the ticket. No issues with the new belt. All in all, the sled seems to be doing pretty good.

My dad had a 2000 Polaris 550 fan, that blew up on the trail, so I towed him back the remaining 5 miles. But at the last second, I converted him over to Yamaha, and he now owns a 2000 SXR 700. 3800 miles on it at the moment, we changed the slides on it, and it ran the 250 miles this weekend no problem. Finally a sled that works decent for him.. (knock on wood).

Hope everyone has had good luck so far this season!

20210220-121355.jpg

Good update and happy to hear it is running well for you! You may want to update the chain tensioner if you plan on putting some miles on it. Your fuel filters on the pickups in the tank may be gummed up a bit, try changing those if it cuts out again. Just a thought.

Back