• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

new to yamaha nytro

nutzer

hello ive been a polaris man for over twenty years, i bought an 09 nytro xtx just wondering whats the best belt and spark plugs to use on this sled its all stock, first time 4 stroke for me, i had a 02 800 rmk for about 10 years got tired of poor gas milage and $13 or more a quart for oil ,,,thanks for any info....nutzr

I have read on here a lot that those CR10EK plugs are too hard to start in colder weather.

dboe03 said:
I have read on here a lot that those CR10EK plugs are too hard to start in colder weather.
had mine in for 3 years now, hasn't been an issue...

what is the latest oem belt no. and plug no.,polaris would change these no. from time to time, sorry this is the first yamaha for me since 1980 when i had a enticer 250 as a kid,,,,lol

just ask for the 8DN belt, been the same number for probably 20 years lol

And I've never had an issue with the CR10EK plugs, even in the cold weather. Get the odd start and stall when really cold, but my buddies stock nytro does the same thing.

I have the CR10EK plugs and haven't had an issue at all with them. I have had issues with the fuel pump relay (like many) but never the plugs.

For the belt, I just put on a Ultimax XS belt from Carlisle. Works pretty well so far but it dropped by max rpm by about 200 or so. It's a softer belt so you have to reclutch a bit. (the belt also cost 50%+ than the stock belt). The belt bites a bit harder but doesn't last as long as the stock belt.

As you are not asking about how to make your sled faster, I would stick with the stock belts. I put on a softer belt to try to close the gap with my uncle on his 800 e-tec renegade.

Back