• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Vector break in tips

rocky18

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
1997 Yamaha 600 Venture
2012 Yamaha RS Vector LTX (R.I.P)
2018 Yamaha SR Viper L-TX-DX
New 2012 Vector. Currently plan to break in "by the book". Any tips on what and what not to do? Thanks

Both my nytro's were brand new when I got them. From day one I rode em like I stole em! I had 3000k on my 08 without an issue when I totalled it, and my 2010 was loaded on a trailer and off to the mountains the day I got it. Just let them warm up completely before you ride and you won't have an issue. If you decide to switch to a full synthetic you should wait one season or 500km before dropping the semi synthetic. Other than that, start it up and enjoy!

Ride it as hard as u can lol. I did that with my 08 phazer never had any issues with it except for the starter quiting on me

The first question I ask when I'm buying a used sled is how's it's been broken in. Depending on the answer I get determines whether or not I'll buy it. Be careful what your answer is......

Sent you a pm

Back