• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

you can see on the above pic on the back of the sled whee the tail light was. It is great and allows you also to carry a spare belt.

Yes the skid plate does pack up with snow and ice build up but i would never ride without one. I hope there is a fix in the future but i've seen and heard some expensive damage due to sleds not having skid plates

scratchers to keep the hyfax nice and lubed up. I don't have any bogey wheels

Barkbusters for me as soon as i break the stock ones which i predict to be the first few rides of next season

skidooboy said:
ttabs, get with smitty, and get a two wheel kit from him. i did for both of my nytro mtx's. works very well. hope to see a nice ttabs mod shop post for the nytro like you did on dootalk for the revs.

first thing we need is a non turbo under tunnel exhaust, close off the open tunnel and a boss seat with a big trunk like the apex mountains have. LOL! ski

I'm already workin with Smitty on an 8" or 9" offset bogy wheel kit. Should have that project ready by Sept. Will also look at the rear suspension mounting bracket and lightening that thing up. We've got a few other ideas as well.

help a brotha out, fab an under tunnel exhaust with turn out not turn down (protects fromsnow injestion). then we are a tunnel closure, and a boss seat with a pocket like the apex mountains from being able to actually carry stuff on the sled v.s on our backs. LOL! ski

There's a nice new 40th anniversary Nytro in the back of my truck tonight. I went out and demo'd a stock one with a 162 and really liked it in the trees. That was the test. If it boondocks, it's a keeper.

Honestly, it weaved between the trees and had such a good turn radius, it kind of made my rev feel like tank. That's saying a lot since I love my rev. The snow was a little crusty so it lacked a little in the sidehilling department. I'm going to play with the suspension on mine a little and see how it works. I know the 2 wheel kit would be a great help.

Can't wait to get some boost. Now I've just got to rack up some miles and break it in nice. What do you think TTabs, 50 miles? :moon: (Yamoon)
I've got the list started, boost first. Tunnel, (probably V-AM boondocker), timbersled front and back, camo ext 156x16x2.5 this summer. Battery and some small comfort stuff in the middle. This sled's gonna be spendy but if it holds up for 4 years or more, it will be worth it compared to the every 2-3 year buys a new sled and mod it, the plan I've been on.

I am at 82 lbs. that I have pulled off my Nytro...YES 82 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

these things ROCK!!!!!

and if I do the NW turboworks...which nets a -16 lbs. I will be at 96 lbs. off this thing...

I agree Hillclimber, that was clearly the test for me too!!!!

I LOVE my Nytro!!!!!!!!!!

Hillclimber said:
There's a nice new 40th anniversary Nytro in the back of my truck tonight....

HC - looks like you and I are in this thing together. We've got identical sleds other than the fact that mine went straight to the shop and got a booster installed.

I've got that 156 track currently on my rev and it will likely be transfered over to the Nytro this summer. For now, I'm going to enjoy what I've got for the remainder of the season and then .... let the modin' begin!

mtdream said:

these things ROCK!!!!!

and if I do the NW turboworks...which nets a -16 lbs. I will be at 96 lbs. off this thing...

Can you give us a breakdown of how you got rid of 82 lbs.? Also, did any of these weight loss ideas have any serious downsides?

CROW said:
mtdream said:

these things ROCK!!!!!

Can you give us a breakdown of how you got rid of 82 lbs.? Also, did any of these weight loss ideas have any serious downsides?

Here is the break down, of all parts that are in UPS to arrive this next week...

Timbersled Mtn Tamer (rear skid)= 38 lbs.
Lightweight Battery= 8-10 lbs.
Timbersled Barkbuster (front end kit)= 8 lbs.
Fox Floats (front shicks)= 6 lbs.
Rear Exhaust= up to 10 lbs.
Misc. etc. = 10 lbs. (5 pounds in bogey wheels alone)
Total diet= 82 lbs!!!

So, with these weight savings items, there is NO dowside, in fact incredible upside wit teh suspension...the battery, has a slight downside if you ride below -10below...it does not have quite enough cold cranking amps at that temp...but generally -10 and I am staying home anyway...

I think Ttabs might ahve some good thoughts on his boost job....He is in the living room right now boxing with my son on Wii

one word for boost versus non boost WAAAAAHHHHHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to join the group, just so I can keep Tabs on Ttabs and MtDream.
Will see what the mighty Ttabs in store for his new toy, but an Offset rear axle for larger wheels is already on the paper with crayon colors!!!
Smitty

smitys800 said:
Will see what the mighty Ttabs in store for his new toy, but an Offset rear axle for larger wheels is already on the paper with crayon colors!!!
Smitty

Just send it my way when it happens, and I will GLADLY slap her in there...black please :)...and two wheel jobby please!!! that will make this thing carve INSANELY well!!!

oh, and Better boards just went on the Nytro...HUGE improvement...much bigger job than on the Rev's but WELL worth it!!! hopefully we have some Pow to play in next weekend!!!

and I had to take out the footwell bar, as I got stuck in the footwell again...two twisted ankles in two weeks and... I thunk I lerned sumtin...get rid o da footwell bracket!!!!

Now, with Better Boards

Might not be much powder left this year, but I will be ready if there is!!! :)

thanks to F-Bomb Racing for the better Boards!!!

couple customizations to these...Powdercoated, and powdercoated Rivets....cant ever have stuff look normal :p

Attachments

• top view.jpg
    top view.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 126
  • Right Side View.jpg
    Right Side View.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Clutch Side View.jpg
    Clutch Side View.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 108
smitys800 said:
Smitty

Welcome over to the blue side there Smitty. Your first post? That's like hangin your first dollar bill on the wall. Look at my 1st .... I misspelled Nytro!!!!!! :o|

These guys have no idea what's in store for them.

BTW everyone - Smitty designs and manufactures a variety of outstanding sled accessories including sled axle kits and lift kits. He also RnD's other projects and will be working with me on the Nytro chassis. We've got some great ideas brewin' for sled parts.

Let me finish off the riding season here on my new turby and then we'll go to work on this sled. I'll start a thread right here on what I'm doing to the sled and why I'm doing it. Everything will be open for discussion.

As for the Nytro - it's a good start to a great design. It just needs help .... all over the place. And a few other fellas besides myself have some good ideas for ya.

(Speakin' of other fellas )MT - the elimator job turned out great!!!!

Back