• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

mtdream said:
CROW said:
mtdream said:
I am at 82 lbs. that I have pulled off my Nytro...YES 82 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!

these things ROCK!!!!!

and if I do the NW turboworks...which nets a -16 lbs. I will be at 96 lbs. off this thing...

I agree Hillclimber, that was clearly the test for me too!!!!

I LOVE my Nytro!!!!!!!!!!

Can you give us a breakdown of how you got rid of 82 lbs.? Also, did any of these weight loss ideas have any serious downsides?

Here is the break down, of all parts that are in UPS to arrive this next week...

Timbersled Mtn Tamer (rear skid)= 38 lbs.
Lightweight Battery= 8-10 lbs.
Timbersled Barkbuster (front end kit)= 8 lbs.
Fox Floats (front shicks)= 6 lbs.
Rear Exhaust= up to 10 lbs.
Misc. etc. = 10 lbs. (5 pounds in bogey wheels alone)
Total diet= 82 lbs!!!

So, with these weight savings items, there is NO dowside, in fact incredible upside wit teh suspension...the battery, has a slight downside if you ride below -10below...it does not have quite enough cold cranking amps at that temp...but generally -10 and I am staying home anyway...

Don't forget about the 5 lbs you lose by going to the AC version of the Challenger Extreme.

Break in weekend.

Oh, man, now we got Smitty too?
Just kidding. We could use his help, sign me up for another bling axel kit!

I'm at 106 miles after this weekend. I was really trying to get some decent trail miles on it and not go crazy.
Well, I just couldn't resist a few times, and there were a few more times when I had to get out of that sticky drainage. And the few times when I had to out climb my friend's stock M8, and the time...

Lets just say it was an enjoyable weekend of break in.
Rode out of the house and connected several trail systems together with some boondocking. Not looking a bit like spring here yet. :winter:

First lightweight mod was a tree breaking off part of the muffler guard on Saturday.
Second was a lightweight battery was installed Sunday am.
Trying to get the parts and money together for the rest.

smitys800 said:
You really think you can hang out here and have all the fun!!! Man, some people! :o| :o|
That's it, I'm moving over to articchat.com, this place is getting too crowded!
See Smitty, I told you about a month ago, there's boost in my future...
and some of this :bling LOL,
I like this place. It's got quite a bit of gayness, but not enough to make me feel uncomfortable.
Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Back to manly stuff,
I'm thinking of ditching the tail light and mounting some doo gas can brackets for the spare can from the 04. I don't want to get too involved with any other running board or tunnel projects. I don't think the tunnel will be around that long. I might hold off on the turbo until summer and do the turbo, tunnel, suspension and track all at once. Cha-Ching$$.

Sledskiing, can the MCX exhaust get dumped in the tunnel? How much room can be gained with a boss seat? :hide:

Yes... CR racing makes one but it doesn't have a muffler. Trey also has a kit the turns the stock MCX muffler under the tunnel. I haven't decided what i am gonna do yet. I don't want the sled to be any loader than it is. The more quiet you can get it the more you can hear the turbo wind up... Sweet sound.

I don't know if boss makes a seat. My guess is you could loose anywhere from 5-15 lbs on the exhaust and seat combo.

Just try not to make it tooo load. No need to get all the tree-huggers on our back.

I am thinking of dumping the exhaust and fabbing up a seat with storage underneath. Then relocating the battery under the seat.

I'm thinkin about deleting the exhaust sys all together and just put a short pipe coming off the turbo with a 180 bend in it.

Loud? I don't hear anything!

CROW said:
Don't forget about the 5 lbs you lose by going to the AC version of the Challenger Extreme.

yeah, there is some good input on SW site on it...am rtying to figure out if you can get one...Having been out with teh 2009 cats in West, they have designed a nice track, not sure it is worth the premium for it though, but will see if it is available first....

mtdream said:
Having been out with teh 2009 cats in West, they have designed a nice track, not sure it is worth the premium for it though, but will see if it is available first....

I am pretty positive thats the track I'll be looking for. I was mighty impressed with it down at west riding their demo M series sleds.

Ok, I couldn't wait, got some goodies on the way. Looks like I'm waiting 4 weeks for the tunnel before I put the boost on. Hopefully I'll have it broken in by then and we'll be good to go. Meantime, riser and pivot and floats should be in next week. I'm following TTabs lead and getting the sway bar out. I heard you can remove the belly pan and take a sawzall to it otherwise it'll be a bear to get out? I don't have one of those cool harbor freight grinders to work with so I'd prefer to use my sawzall.

HC - take a video of that one. That's one tough bar to hack in half. lol

Taking the belly pan off and rolling the sled onto it's left side (to prevent oil spillage) may be helpful. There are two clamps that hold the sway in place and each clamp w/ two screws. It's the top screws that are a beeeatch to get popped.

Try using a short allen head and 5mm wrench combo. That's what worked for us. Keep the kids far away cuz there will be a few choice words during the process!!

Hey just a thought on the smaller battery. I know that they are not the same but I have a RT 1000 and it has a battery for the fuel pump, stupidest thing BRP ever done. Well anyway they thought they would shave a few pounds and put a small battery in there and now the fuel pump goes out all the time. The reason that I am thinking that it is the battery is that if the pump does not have enough juice it wears harder. The guys that have put the bigger batt in have had no fuel pump issues. The guys with teh stock pump are going through one about once every one to two seasons. I know that the Nytro has more electric stuff than the RT and would be way more a pain in the butt to trouble shoot and take that beast apart:) NO ROOM:) But anyway don't bash me too hard for riding the DOO. I had fun riding TTabs Yammy:)

good question and point...this is a battery, that has been tested and proven (YTZ7), the only issues knwon to be associated are that it does nto have the cold cranking amps for really cold weather i.e. -20 and colder

but will definitely be something to watch out for...goiod poitn TGZ...you coming over this weekend or are your wings still clipped?

yeah was a good time, except the little Hifax thing goin g on with our new buggies...

I think we will easily be riding into June...great year!!!!

mtdream said:
yeah was a good time, except the little Hifax thing goin g on with our new buggies...

I think we will easily be riding into June...great year!!!!

Smelling a little plastic melting?

I just picked up a set of scratchers for this weekend. Ridden the same stuff on the doo, never happened. Must be a softer plastic. Hyperfaxs might have to be added in the future.

Back