• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Next noob question Tank shroud "Piton"

Paraclete

Expert
I have no idea what you call it but it the little button type thing under the shroud that the side panels hook on to.

There is not one on the righthand side and was wondering if there was an easy way to repair it.

Th side panel is a bit loose and the previous owner decided to screw the plastic right by the reverse handle :o| :o| :o|

If you look at te ignition switch just to the right of it and under the same panel should be a little plactic post the side panel hooks to. I will take a pic later today

I think he is talking about the knobs that are molded on the inside of the instrument panel.
My guess is you don't have the missing part.
You may be able to fabricate it by using a screw from the outside secured by a nut on the inside with the screw sticking out of the nut. It should give enough to hook onto. Look at the other side, maybe a small cabinet knob or fabricate something out of wood to screw thru.

Here are some pics.
What it is is the little piece of plastic under the gas tank cover that the right hand side panel hooks on to.
If you look at this pic you can see on the righthand edge a 1/4" circle
photo.JPG

On the underside this is a pic of the same thing on the left side

photo.JPG

I think I would try fabricating {carving with a Dremmel) the catch post from plastic or poly and adhering it to the inside spot. I likely would try Gorilla glue for this job, but there may be better adhesives.

Beats drilling and bolting something.

I eneded up buying J-B weld and a T-nut.
I glued the T nut on upside down and it worked great. I did have to reduce the height with a Dremel.

0,0,463,20201,859,604,8cbca537.jpg

I got lucky really I went to the harware store just trying to find anything. These things are almost perfect. I will let you know how it holds up, (If we get any snow)

Nice fix!

I would hate to have seen something through bolted.

Hope it hold up!! ;)!

Back