• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

No mess, no freeze evac for ECP filter kit

Yes I do. I have been saying for 2 seasons that the hose should run up hill to prevent oil from getting to the filters and carbs.

Freddie

What makes this better? I have Dynarex's setup and have had no problems at all. I unplug from the K&N's hang it over the side and drain it. I have never had oil. I have a foamy white moisture that does however smell of fuel. I certainly wouldn't want this caught in the Abyss :shock:

You guys are free to set up your evac anyway you like. Here is my theory on the factory catch can. Look at the way it is shaped. The moisture will collect in the lower sections. The movement of warm air from the engine to the filters will flow over this moisture and cause evaporation. I don't think the catch can will ever get full enough to totally block the air passage and cause the hose to freeze. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :D

RX-1Man,

No dig intended. I maybe just don't understand how the stocker system works, but if there's moisture collected in the first place, seems like more would be deposited than evaporated.

This may be way off base - but when ever I am riding my hoses for the Evac typically look moist or soaked - any chance the hoses themselves are absorbing the snow that hits them through the vents? Then as they absorb they drain to the lowest point?

I'm with Yamablue... I'm a little confused. I also have Dynarex's kit and it seems to work fine. I drain it a few times during trips (depending on length) and I get the same milky white residue. At worst I take it off the next morning and knock dump out the now frozen residue. I've never had it fill up to the "T" yet. The residue does have an oily gas smell too it. Where is this coming from and would'nt turning the hose around and draining up cause some of the moisture to drain back into the filters?? Sorry if this turns out to be a stupid question I'm just a little confused and want too make sure that my set up is OK so I don't do any damage too my motor.

Thanks

Thought I'd pull the factory catch can off and see what was in it. 800 miles of use and it had some moisture collected on the sides but nothing dumped out of it. Sure beats having to drain after every ride :D

RX-1MAN
After reading every evac ECP post on here I decided to do something simular to what you did plus what someone else did. I used the same system that you did except I used 3/4 hose and hitting throughout. Then I got a rubber dipstick grommet and a PCV valve and installed it in the valve cover, then ran a hose up to the filter that came with the ECP kit. I then went down to the lake to do some testing. Everything is tight no oil no mess and it ran great. I saw a black turbo RX1 run 140 in the 1/4 mile radar runs, fast sled today. Anyway, thanks for posting.

Attachments

• P2260003.JPG
    P2260003.JPG
    19.5 KB · Views: 118
second pic. OK i'm not an expert! Most of my riding is in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan at temps between -10 and 30. Does anyone see any problems I may have? My biggest concern is feeding oil into the carbs if it gets that far???

Attachments

• P2260004.JPG
    P2260004.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 118
SUPER, please take a look at my question a few post's back. I'm still a little "hazy" about the evac thing. See if maybe you can help clear some things up for myself and a few others that seem to be in the same situation.

BTW-your kit makes my '05 rock, even with the stock clutching.

Thanks

I also turned my evac over and used the stock catch can after rx-i posted a couple wks ago, I've put on 600mls no more draining used clear plastic hose between the t& the 90 so I could see what was in the line. The most I've seen was a few droplets of water nothing else. I did drill a small hole in the bottom of the catch can so if their was a lot of moisture it could drain I rub the bottom often checking for moisture but rarely have found any. :Rockon:

4stroker said:
SUPER, please take a look at my question a few post's back. I'm still a little "hazy" about the evac thing. See if maybe you can help clear some things up for myself and a few others that seem to be in the same situation.

BTW-your kit makes my '05 rock, even with the stock clutching.

Thanks

Tell me specifically your questions 4 stroker.

Super here is my question i had earlier

I'm with Yamablue... I'm a little confused. I also have Dynarex's kit and it seems to work fine. I drain it a few times during trips (depending on length) and I get the same milky white residue. At worst I take it off the next morning and knock out the now frozen residue. I've never had it fill up to the "T" yet. The residue does have an oily gas smell too it. Where is this coming from and would'nt turning the hose around and draining up cause some of the moisture to drain back into the filters?? Sorry if this turns out to be a stupid question I'm just a little confused and want too make sure that my set up is OK so I don't do any damage too my motor.

Thanks

4stroker said:
Super here is my question i had earlier

I'm with Yamablue... I'm a little confused. I also have Dynarex's kit and it seems to work fine. I drain it a few times during trips (depending on length) and I get the same milky white residue. At worst I take it off the next morning and knock out the now frozen residue. I've never had it fill up to the "T" yet. The residue does have an oily gas smell too it. Where is this coming from and would'nt turning the hose around and draining up cause some of the moisture to drain back into the filters?? Sorry if this turns out to be a stupid question I'm just a little confused and want too make sure that my set up is OK so I don't do any damage too my motor.

Thanks

Okay...Gravity works!!! If there is an uphill climb for the condensation and the oil and whatever other byproducts are conjured up inside an internal combustion engine, they will find it increasingly difficult to make the uphill trek thereby causing problems. The reason that the residue has a "oily gas smell" to it is due to the fact that oil and fuel are what your engine lives on.

Back