• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Noise!

miked

Veteran
Just put another 400 miles on my FX over the last 4 days. Anyone else notice a loud howling noise? It gets so loud sometimes it hurts the ears! Sounds like the track. I have been running my track loose, so I tightened it up, that seems to have helped, but the noise is still there. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this?

I got an RTX for my son, and now I trying to talk him into getting something else, because the noise is so bad I am afraid its going to hurt his hearing.

i noticed it. all sleds have it. the reason u can hear it on the phazer so loud is the exhast doesnt dron it out like in 2 strokes. also it is loud but not nearly asloud as the sound of a piped 2 stroke. aslo i dout u can realy hear it when ur not on it so i dout it would heart any ones ears. the sound of the pipe is much louder IMO.

i got an 07 fx and i first notice it..... i then bought the side covers and the blank off plates..... no onise at all now.....

I agree that these are noisy machines. I bought a 4 stroke because it is advertised as being quieter than a two stroke. That is not the case with the 80hp from Yamaha; whether it be the track/engine/or whatever causing the noise - it is a very noisy machine. There's even posts on here about guys having to wear earplugs for crying out loud! Oh yeah and the noise gets even worse with the snow and ice build-up in the tunnel of the venture Lite.

My Nytro is not loud at all. As far as 2 strokes go, my friend's 600 Rev has less noise than any sled I have riden. The Phazer is no fun when you have to hear all that noise.

Vector1 said:
My Nytro is not loud at all. As far as 2 strokes go, my friend's 600 Rev has less noise than any sled I have riden. The Phazer is no fun when you have to hear all that noise.

So how is your Phazer noise wise compared to the Nytro?

Thanks,

More like a dull drown than anything else...

I had a friend sold on one last year until he rode mine and asked if it always made that noise......

He's no longer interested....

No doubt about it ... it is a drone most times. And loud!
But sometimes, when I get crusing on a nice flat trail at a nice clip with the rpm's down it sounds so smooth and strong ... nice and torquey ... almost quiet (not!!!)

Just like my quad!! No ... actually the quad is quieter! ;):D

Back