• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NOS System on Apex MTN

yamahahaapex

TY 4 Stroke Master
Looking at getting a NOS system for my Apex MTN. Where exactly can I find a kit to buy and also what needs to be modified to accomodate the extra power as well. :nos

If you go with a 50 shot or less you should be fine without any modifications other than clutching. I run a 50 shot N.O.S. direct port fogger system and I ride between 8k and 10k ft.

I currently have sea level clutching to keep my engine off of the rev limiter. It runs around 9k- 9.5k off the bottle then when I hit the nitrous it instantly climbs to 11k and it tickles the limiter on occation.

I get about 35 seconds on a two pound bottle, so I only use it when I'm racing or high marking. I carry a spare bottle in my backback.

Nitrous is a great bang for the buck, but you can't be afraid to fabricate and get your hands dirty on the installation.

X2. 95% of the time my sled does everything it needs to do. The other 3% of the time the nitrous is great, to get somewhere I either should or should not be. The other 2% of the time I probably should not be going there in the first place. Have fun with it. I have the Holtzman kit and it is fairly easy to install and you don't have to mess with a bottle heater. There are some real smart guys on here with plenty of good advice and alot more experience than I have.

Back