• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Not impressed with 2011 top speed numbers

My buddy has a stock '12 SE. He out runs my '07 Attak on the lake. My Attak had an air box mod, Ulmer clutching, and Excel exhaust. My dream meter would show 117mph ( gps 106mph) and he just keeps walking away from me. :o|

Just got back from the Munising area on Friday. The super speedway between Munising and Grand Marais, I ran my '11 XTX to 109 mph on speedo and 103 on GPS. Conditions were not perfect though, lot of loose snow. I know I have ran it as fast as 114 on GPS when conditions were perfect. All bone stock with exception of PCV with an Ulmer tune and EXUP removed. That is plenty fast for me...

When I first got my 2011 Apex SE I too was disappointed with its overall performance compared to my 09 LTX. What I've noticed is my 11 has gotten faster every year with more miles on the clock. Presently at 6800 miles. I've added a Ulmer racing tuned PC5 and his clutching and I swapped the top 24 gear for a 23. My 09 had PC3 with ing module and Ulmer clutching and I saw 117 mph on GPS for my best top speed. The Apex in generally hates any amount of loose snow and really effects it's top speed. My 11 likes the 10600 to 10700 area for rpms but then again I've never clutched it for anything much less like 10300 or so. A few years ago on a really hard packed groomed trail with very little loose snow I pulled 114 mph on my GPS several times which I was happier with but still slower than my 09. I did notice my 11 speedo is within a couple mph of my GPS in firm conditions. My 09 wasn't off that bad especially compared to my old 06 RTX. Btw my 06 best speed on GPS was 115. This past season on a lake trail the conditions were perfect for speed even though it was bumpy in some areas my son who is similar in weight maybe 10lbs difference at most pulled 121.8 mph on the 11 according to the GPS and speedo he said read 123. So the potential is there for these sleds. But I do know conditions make a huge difference I've had times where I couldn't break 100 and my buddy on his RTX claim he pulled 110 plus but his was by his speedo. I do know in a race the 11 would beat is 06. But races usually are just for fun and maybe go 1000 ft if that. So dont give up there is definitely potential there but conditions make a huge difference. I'm now riding a 2017 Sidewinder LTX SE and that's a whole different animal.

‘03 Rx1 had a 1” nipple track stock. Although they pretty much sucked traction wise, those sleds would pull pretty impressive top end numbers when set up correctly. Conditions are everything when it comes to top speed. A little bit of loose snow and you can forget about running an impressive top speed.
I agree...my 03 rx1 button track studded would lay waste to my (sold) 2001 Mach z (stock, but nicely tuned) on long stretches like 6 miles of salmon river reservoir...128 indicated was fake, but I was in front...lol. Also ahead of my other rx1 with a higher lugged 1.25 ripsaw 1.

My all stock '11 XTX hit 109 on the GPS after about 1/2 mile. As others have said it takes almost bare ice, and a lot of room. The Apexes will keep pulling- I think mine had some more to go- but it takes a mile or so to get max speed. Friction (conditions, wheels, etc.) and aerodynamic drag are a big part of getting the most mph out of it.

Just got back from old forge and had alot of time to run the lakes. I could not get over 105mph on speedo. 2011 apex se, ice ripper track, everything else stock. Exup was adjusted perfect. I was running neck and neck with my brothers 03 rx1. Weak!

Just for comparison, I have a 2011 SE that consistently runs over 110 mph on hard pack snow with best runs of 114 verified GPS ( always within 1-2 mph of speedo ). The sled is stock with the exception of a PCV to correct lean condition at WOT and 8 Bulls Eyes in the airbox cover. Stock clutching which is hard to beat on this sled. Never run on good ice ( not studded ) and also run in Old Forge ( same elevation ).
I agree you should be doing a little better than 105 mph. I know you said the Ex-Up is adjusted perfectly but I would check to make sure you haven't broke an Ex-Up cable after the adjustment was done. The only place I noticed my broken cable was on top end, no real change to fuel mileage. You can check for a broken cable by pulling the left side cover and give an easy tug on each cable, if broken the outer cable will slide right off the inner cable. If you have never had a broken cable there's a good chance you have now. Mine broke the third year I had the sled. If the Ice ripper is new and longer lug than 1 1/4 that would slow it down as well.

03 Rx1 133 mph dream meter
07 attack gt 128 mph dream meter
10 Ltx gt ? Never Had wide open
13 vector ltx 109 dream meter
16 xtx vector 103 dream meter
12 apex Se ? Never had it wide open. I’ll run it down the lake soon.
All sleds stock.

I have 11 xtx. went from a 23 to a 21 tooth. Saw 183 kph before i put on the turbo. With turbo I had to let of at 186 kph.

111mph gps plowed road on the weekend. Programmers. Clutching and geared down one tooth 2011 xtx
Screenshot_20190127-121855_Speedometer.jpg

Very similar to my Attak's 113mph GPS speed on a hard packed trail. With todays big lug 137-144" tracks anything over 110mph GPS speed is one fast sled in any ones books.
Funny thing...I have passed a lot of 115mph sleds on the lake when I am only going @ 105mph

gps.png

Back