• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ns1 gauges

It’s an iPad mini 5. It was just an experiment but it works well. The biggest problem with an android or IOS tablet is both brightness and simultaneously contrast, especially color contrast for image based maps and some map apps (ofsc). Garmin has does this well with superior map contrast. Having said that what makes it look big is the casework and bezel. The screen is just under 8” measured on the diagonal.
Have you tried the Gia maps app
I’m intrigued by this

they do now.
Really? I called back in January and they didn't and he didn't make it sound like it was coming. Is there and way to switch tunes as well, and to know which HP you are running?

Really? I called back in January and they didn't and he didn't make it sound like it was coming. Is there and way to switch tunes as well, and to know which HP you are running?
From their site......
Latest Update:

January 16th, 2023

-Adds support for the profile based suspension control in 2020+ Arctic Cat sleds with electronic suspension.

-Adds support for changing the suspension setting on Arctic Cats with electronic suspension via the Mode button on the handlebars.

-Move the suspension setting from the Vehicle Settings dialog to a new Suspension Settings dialog.

-Fix an issue with the odometer occasionally resetting to zero on some gauge systems.

-Fix an issue with the Vehicle Settings dialog having a Next button instead of a Done button when editing a field.

Download NS1Dashboard_1-16-2023.apk

From their site......
Latest Update:

January 16th, 2023

-Adds support for the profile based suspension control in 2020+ Arctic Cat sleds with electronic suspension.

-Adds support for changing the suspension setting on Arctic Cats with electronic suspension via the Mode button on the handlebars.

-Move the suspension setting from the Vehicle Settings dialog to a new Suspension Settings dialog.

-Fix an issue with the odometer occasionally resetting to zero on some gauge systems.

-Fix an issue with the Vehicle Settings dialog having a Next button instead of a Done button when editing a field.

Download NS1Dashboard_1-16-2023.apk
Ok, Thank you

I got the same message from him right at the end of last year. I guess enough people asking and there you go. Looks like a real contender for me now.

I got the same message from him right at the end of last year. I guess enough people asking and there you go. Looks like a real contender for me now.
I do notice it says Arctic Cat, and Not Yamaha. Different ECM's. Wondering if that's an issue. Have to call and verify

I do notice it says Arctic Cat, and Not Yamaha. Different ECM's. Wondering if that's an issue. Have to call and verify

The suspension is the same ECM is it not and the processing is in the gauge for IQs, not the main ECU? The ECM for the suspension is an addon as far as I can tell, it just uses the gauge to both display the current mode and to translate the canbus messages. It makes sense from Stefans statement that he can process the mode button and send the appropriate commands. Stefan owns or did own a Cat, but all of his gauge tech works on either.

sounds like I can use the NYSSA gps trail map on this also if I wanted that up as my gps correct?

This is exactly what I’m going to setup this summer. What did you use for the mount?
The ‘holder’ is an iPad holder for a ram mount. The ram mount is attached directly to the door on the arctic cat dash caddy. The iPad is in a case and there are some aluminum plates that are cut to fit the backside of the case and they hold a heating element. I can document this in greater depth if you are interested but will move to a new thread.

Back to this gauge again.
I see it does not support turn-by-turn navigation. Not having a GPS on a sled before, is this a big deal?
I compared the NS1 to a stand alone unit and the NS1 seems cheaper in the end.
I emailed the owner, but have yet to get a reply.....

Back to this gauge again.
I see it does not support turn-by-turn navigation. Not having a GPS on a sled before, is this a big deal?
I compared the NS1 to a stand alone unit and the NS1 seems cheaper in the end.
I emailed the owner, but have yet to get a reply.....
I have one of these gauges and I have found the owner to be very helpful. The GPS function doesn’t work great in Ontario. I don’t need turn by turn Navigation personally so not an issue. I am not sure about trails in your area, but I purchased the trackmaps for Ontario, uploaded to Ns1 gauge and it shows all the trails but not the trail names. So kind of useless for me. I ran the split screen function this winter with the ns1 gauge and the Ontario snowmobile trails app. When it works it works well, but some days the trails app was very glitchy and would freeze often. I think this is an issue with the Ontario app and not the Ns1 gauge, because my gauge functions always worked perfectly. Only ever had issues with the OFSC app running.

We had some trouble last year on a saddlebag trip in Quebec and I am determined to get some sort of GPS this year to avoid the problem again.
I keep coming back to the NS1 gauge that I would then download GPS trail master's app on it.
For some reason I keep putting the purchase off.
I just bought a 12 gallon tank ($550) and will probably get a SMT 240 tune this year also ($500). The gauge and the GPS app would be another $800.
oh well

I love my NS1 on my 1100. Not sure about using it on my 22' Tcat. I put the cat based Garmin on the sled and it worked great. I do miss the big screen.

Back