• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro 162 vs New Style Rev 154

A friend at school and I are betting whos sled will beat the other one some good natured fun before the snow flys. He has a new rev 800 with 154x16 stock. I have an 08 Nytro with Fox Floats up front and a Kmod Rear skid which will be relocated back 3.5 inches when going to the 162x16x2.5 Challenger Extreme for better approach angle and so I dont have to buy rail extensions. I also have an MBRP exhaust and Heelclickers. I have only been on one ride with this thing and it only had a 155x15x2.4 on it then a Polaris track. The clutch set up sucked so I bought the Heelclickers. The exhaust will be undertunnel.

When it is all tuned and setup right which sled do you put your money on?

MOUNTAIN VMAX4- My riding buddy has the 2009 800 Rev with 162" and an after market exhaust. I can stay with him until the we both reach the top and he slowly pulls away. This season I putting a 16"X162" challenger track with extro drivers and dropping down from 20 to 19 on my top sprocket. I imagine he'll be pulling away a little sooner than last year. Just remember- there's no replacement for displacement, go with your buddy on that bet.

Your buddy will be pulling you on top.Save up for a excell header and ulmer filter,pc.

Now your talk'in where I believe the Nytro shines. Last season I kept the POS Maverick track and was pretty much on par with the 800. We both took turns digging each other out, but when we were bookdocking uphill in the trees, the torque of the motor allowed, IMHO, to finesse the sled through the tree wells and gullies. I believe with going with a 16" wide track, I should be able to take some lines that he'd think about a little more about before committing. Sounds like our machines are pretty set up the same; I wouldn't be spending the time and money in putting a longer/wider track If I didn't think I could pull him. That 800 Ca'Doo is fine machine, but I've become addicted to the torque and the 4 stroke sound. One thing I noticed, I break trail a lot more than my buddy's Ca'Doo.

We're both pretty close on the fuel mileage. I've noticed that since I've had the PCIII the fuel consumption has been close.....

Attachments

• 102_0426.JPG
    102_0426.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 89
Dont get me wrong I love my Nytro but I will give the XP the Highmark if I had to bet. The power to weight ratio is not even close. If you want to Highmark a Nytro buy a turbo and let the 2 smokes dream. My sled with a decent amount of weight dropped off it was 630 with 10 gallons of fuel. A xp should be 100 pounds or better off that with a couple more horse to boot. Dont get me wrong I hate XP's but you cant argue the numbers.

I totally agree, my bud's doo beats me in the hp, weight and ability to float and climb. I just need to have the rpms or the smoke. We'll see next season when it get a supercharger.

Snow is Coming

Guess we will have to see my RX1 with 85 lbs off and clutched and geared with straight pipe exhaust was keeping up with the XPs. I think the Nytro should be able to when set up properly so guess we will see I am excited for winter!!! Let it snow!!!!

Got my exhaust done

I went up to where my sled is and worked on it this weekend. I got the plate to cover up my hole in the tunnel installed. RLCOFMN, Thanks for the block off plate and the rider forward, I also installed the rider forward, welded up and installed my new exhaust that I fabbed up, and reinstalled my tank and most of my plastics. I am ready to start putting my track in, I am waiting on my new gearing and non reverse chaincase parts then I will be ready. I have not decided whether I will run my snow flap or not yet.

I want to show pics but I do not know how to post them? Please help? Says they are to big.

I like my nytro as well but its no contest the xp will destroy it in the deep.. Maybe if you add a 40hp shot of NOS then you will be there with him thats what i did first season on my nytro along with , track, clutching and exhaust been there done that..
After a season of filling bottles after every ride booost is the only answer!!

Now if the snow is set-up and only a foot deep or less then you will have a chance climbing with him,, but in the deep climbs not even close..

Track Clutching

Jrusher,

What kind of track are you running, what gears are you running? Did you clutch yourself, buy a kit and just bolt on and go. Or do you have a clutch kit you have to set up and fine tune.

I am not trying to argue cause I dont know what these sleds are capable of with stock motors. All I am saying is flotation long wide track, and clutching and gearing, weight loss, as well as suspension set up, and reduction in approach angle all are big factors in how a machine climbs and runs.

If your clutching is not dead on, your gearing is too high for the track you are attempting to spin, You will never win any hillclimbs. If I can get an old RX1 to climb with one on a deep day or a Modded M7 then this will be fun to try with a sled that I hope is way better platform to start with than the RX1.

Is it or should I have stuck with the old beast?

DSC01699.jpg

DSC01697.jpg

Back