• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro 162 vs New Style Rev 154

I started putting the track in this weekend got it hung from the drivers put on the 162 had to move the mounting holes back to move the skid back enough for the longer track plus it gives a lot better approach angle. I also had to fab up some aluminum drop brackets which I figure offset the added weight so still 45 lbs lighter than stock. I chose to delete the reverse to shed some weight and get rid of the extra rotating weight, and I am getting 19-42 gearing with 3 in pitch 7 tooth Avid drivers. So about a 2.49:1 in 9 tooth equivalent numbers. The suspension is only temporarily mounted in this pic I have to take it back out to finish installing the drop brackets and remove more rivets in the tunnel up by the chaincase so the track wont rub and destroy itself.

DSC01702.jpg

DSC01703.jpg

Looking good. Need to taper those running boards back and trim down the tunnel extension, it makes a big difference in deep snow.

Last year in island park my buddy had a 800 xp 154 an in a straight climb with 1' or 3' of snow, I couldn't stay with it, and he's 50lbs more than me. In the tighter areas, I went a lot more places. That was with a 162x15x2.5, vents, a muffler delete, and 20lb diet. I love the Nytro and hate to say it, but I wouldn't bet against the xp...

Is he making any changes this year like you are? If he is, you better add a turbo and just get it over with. Then he will never catch you haha!

Taper

Nikolai,
I am planning on tapering the running board edges in sooner to make it so it does not get hung up on the running boards in the deep.

TAPEX,
In my opinion the 16 wide makes all the difference in the world in the deep and steep, as long as you are geared/ clutched well enough to turn it. He is not making any changes, he already has a viable mtn sled I dont!!! LOL There is a lot they could have done different with the Nytro and people would be a lot happier with them. For one get rid of the Maverick, and get a decent track preferably a 16 wide even in 144 a 16 wide at least 2 in paddle would kick the 153 Mavericks ARSE!!

Hey mountain vmax4,
If you just bite the bullet and put a mnt tamer rear susspension on it might be enough to get you over the hump!!!

Personally the 16 wide takes away from the easy roll ability and it feels like more of a drag in the snow.. Even my buddies, die hard skidoo, dint like the 16's... These are all personal opinions tho. I hope you beat him!!

Tbyrd said:
Hey mountain vmax4,
If you just bite the bullet and put a mnt tamer rear susspension on it might be enough to get you over the hump!!!

Keep telling him to get a new skid, I would love to take the gen 1 K mod off his hands ;)!

Rack

I went up to the valley and got my suspension mounted in and built a rack and installed the QRS Gas Can Mounts. Got the chaincase put back together with the 19-42 gearing. Everything came together nicely!! Test rode it in the yard and the 162 seemed to hook up awesome but there really was no snow to test in but about 4 inches, I was going to test out in Turnagain Pass but it was late at night and the fresh snow was all tracked up so we decided to test it out another weekend. Here are some pics.

DSC01722.jpg

DSC01725.jpg

DSC01723.jpg

Seat Bracket/ Rack

If anyone is interested in one of the seat bracket/ rack that has under tunnel exhausts PM me. Or if interest in another style rack let me know. Later, Justin

Dude! Thats sick lookin! :bling It does remind me of a fiend of mines ;):D Very nice job. Now you need to bring that thing over and let me show you how to ride it. :-o

Nice exhaust set up! I did a under the tunnel with a cherry bomb type muffler and inserted a silencer. Did this on a 08' & 09'. Loudness is down to 88 db range had it tested. My pipe does not extend out the rear and my tunnel traps lots of snow. If I extend it out the back like your system will it reduce the snow build up under the tunnel. Please let me know.

Back