• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Bent Front End this one has hit nothing WITH PICTURES

One asked: is it the front frame or upper a-arms??

It really depends on WHAT caused either to bend!

A strike seems to be bending the a-arm and front frame but pounding through the bumps.........

I don't think those that ARE having these issues are having them because of the same problem.....
Meaning some may be actually hitting something other on the other hand may not realize they hit something..there is a lot of force out there...

Please don't take this the wrong way I know things are bending but my real question is WHY? What happened to cause something to bend? I have ridden VERY hard and wrecked and my front is still true! (except a spindle has a slight wow in it)

08NitroRTX said:
One asked: is it the front frame or upper a-arms??

It really depends on WHAT caused either to bend!

A strike seems to be bending the a-arm and front frame but pounding through the bumps.........

I don't think those that ARE having these issues are having them because of the same problem.....
Meaning some may be actually hitting something other on the other hand may not realize they hit something..there is a lot of force out there...

Please don't take this the wrong way I know things are bending but my real question is WHY? What happened to cause something to bend? I have ridden VERY hard and wrecked and my front is still true! (except a spindle has a slight wow in it)

X2

I have 900 miles on my Nytro so far (200 of them hard ditch miles) and up until yesterday my shocks have been perfectly centered between the upper a-arms. Took it out for a short ride yesterday to test a new setting on the Floats and noticed when I got it back into the garage that the right shock was very noticeably closer to the rear of the upper a-arm (probably 1/2" closer). Never hit anything that I noticed, just the usual carbides dragging crossing tar roads...

I am leaving for a trip to the UP tomorrow, no time for a trip to the dealer so I put a long prybar down just inside of the spindle. Behind the lower a-arm and in front of the upper a-arm. I was really surprised how easily it moved back to it's original position... I am sure it will move back since it is now weaker but I had to try something...

When I inspected the upper mount, the actual angle brackets that the a-arm mounts to look a little weak. When I am home from this trip I will remove all the plastic and do some measuring. Something is not right here...

This problem seems to be very wide spread . My buddy that keeps his nytro at my place called his dealer in fargo where he got the sled about anouther problem and the dealer said he had 6 of them in for subframes . definatly seems to be a flaw in the frount end .
Tom-RX1

WOW this does suck, everytime i ride it that is all i think about! Every liitle bump that kind of hits the ski funny. I dont understand how Yamaha missed this, after all the front a-arms they have made on sleds to fourwheelers.
Skydog

I'm not worried about it. Better this subframe than the bulk head like on a REV. Yamaha will get it right, either for next year, which we'll all be able to at a minimum purchase and put on our own sled; or they'll have a recall.

Just be sure to report this problem to your dealer.

:yam: :Rockon:

Add another one to the list ! I checked one out yesterday (not mine), and sure enough, one shock was a lot closer to the rear of the upper a arm than the other, and this guy rides his sled very easy and very carefully, so hard impact is out of the question, not to mention there was 2-3 feet of soft fresh snow all around on top of a 4 foot base. I was hesitant to believe that something was not right before, but after seeing it with my own two eyes, something has to be done, these sleds should at least hold up to what the average person is putting them through.

Mine still holding true, but wondering how that can be after pounding it like I did this weekend (5 mile streches at about 50 through 1 ft high bumps 2-3 ft apart). Also glanced off some rocks, deffinately found a rock or two under the snow, and some tree branches, and its holding up fine. Now to fix the darting and the tunnel ice build up (while my sub frame is still straight, I'll worry about that when it goes).

It seems you need to hit at just the right angle, I believe. First time I noticed the spindle bent back I tried to remember what I could have hit. I caught the ski loading it on the trailer and I hit maybe a anthill frozen in a field, it wasn't a rock I went back to see what I hit. One of the two had to do it. This weekend I rode at Tug Hill and hit more than my share of 2 and 3 foot moguls, Then caught a stump under the snow, took a good hit. First thing I checked was the spindle it didn't move at all. It's hard to believe the difference between these impacts could have such different results.

Attachments

• Turny drop.jpg
    Turny drop.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 348
  • Placer whip.jpg
    Placer whip.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 343
  • Placer  jump one.jpg
    Placer jump one.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Pville jump one.jpg
    Pville jump one.jpg