• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro didnt start

yamahahaha

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
i drove my nytro for around 30minits and went in to have breakfast,,, came out 20 minutes later and it wouldnt start. kept flashing warning light and check engine came on. after trying for a while, i just kept turning the ignition on and off then the lighs went off and it started rite away, didnt have the problem for the rest of the day. drove 200km. what would that b??

Could possibly have been the TORS (throttle override system protection). Were your handlebars cranked? Was it snowing? These can set this off.

The next time it happens and the warning light is flashing, check the code that flashes up on the gage where rpms/odometer/tripmeter are usually shown, then you can figure out what's happening.

43 is fuel pump circut, open or short in power supply, or malfunction in the ecu.

probably a wet fuel pump relay. they are in the nose of the sled where all the water accumulates.

if it were me though, as unpride stated, the starter relay is where i would have started. (the wife's sled had that issue early this year till i put a new one on.)

but, you had the 43 code flashin so start there. ski

Guaranteed the fuel pump relay was frozen. I had the same problem in colder temperatures. Moisture is somehow present inside the relay and cant be dried out properly. Just replace it with a new one. It is the third one from the front in the nose cone. You can warm it up with your hand or tap on it with a screwdriver to get you going but once they freeze up once the will likely keep giving you trouble. the new relays are supposed to be better.

Do you have to remove the lower right hand side cover to get in there properly? I don't mean the normal cover to expose your oil tank and chain case but the lower one that you remove to change oil? Seems really tight if you don't or can it be done? Would rather not have to remove the lower one and risk breaking a bunch of fasteners.

I had the same problem. I'm running to the dealer this morning to pick up a new one. I will ask the dealer where it is located in the front. Not sure how helpful they will be based on past experiences.

Can somebody point me/us in the right direction? You say in the nose cone in the front. Third relay from the front....

Back