• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Overhaul.......finally done

wizzard717

Well, here she is. Originally wanted to install a sc5 skidoo skid but it didnt work out like planned so i abandoned that idea. As you can see i am still a huge fan of the skidoo's. I've rode revs for years and loved the way they handled but it was time to jump ship to 4 stroke and i'm glad i did. After riding the nytro stock for the last few weekends of last year i decided it needed some changes and here is what i came up with. Stretched it to a 136 with tracks usa equipment. Wanted to go with OFT but he was backordered for a while and i couldnt wait. Put a 1.25" polaris utility sled track on it. It has gotta be the best 1.25" track i have ever seen. In fact i wish they would offer it on trail sleds. It almost looks like the new ripsaw 2. Schmidt bros stage 2 clutch kit, mpi exhaust and of course the new graphics kit. Worked with a guy out of canada thats done kits for me before and i think it turned out great. Got to ride it this weekend but snow conditions were garbage. So far, i love it i just need to dial in the suspension and it should be good to go. Tell me what ya'll think

nytro4.jpg

nytro1.jpg

nytro2.jpg

nytro3.jpg

Looks good. I am awaiting my extensions from OFT (It was a long wait but they're in the mail) and I have a Ripsaw II to go in when they get here. What suspension changes have you made?

I know you haven't rode it much but how did the bed liner hold up? did you have to rough up the tunnel to get it to stick?

I know you haven't rode it much but how did the bed liner hold up? did you have to rough up the tunnel to get it to stick?

Yes I would like to know how you prepped your tunnel also? Plasti dipped mine last week, and it held up for one night ride, and then started pealing away from some of the seams

I'm sure this will not hold up like a professional bedliner like permatech or rhino or having it powdercoated but I was not ripping the whole tunnel apart to take it in. I have painted tunnels black on previous sleds with rattle can paint and believe it or not, they turned out great, its all about prep. Just needed to touch them up after the season. This is my first sled with a rattle can bedliner. I have used this bedliner on other items before and it worked great so we'll see. The beauty of this bedliner is if or when there is a chip, a quick spray and once it drys you will never be able to tell because it is semi-textured. For prep, i sanded the tunnel down with 80 grit sandpaper. After the tunnel was nice and course, i then sprayed/cleaned it with "prep-all". Let that get nice and dry and i sprayed on the bedliner. 2 coats is what it got and it covers well. Only thing to caution is that this bedliner stuff takes literally a week to cure. You might touch it and it feels dry but it takes a good week to cure. I expect to have some minor chipping in certain areas by end of season but it's expected and i can touch it up very easily. For $25 for two cans, you just cant beat it. It looks even better in person. My camera on my phone doesnt do the sled justice. A lot of guys say the bedliner looks cheap and what not but my sled truly looks like it came out of the factory like this if you saw it in person.

when you sprayed over the serial number on the tunnel were you able to see it anymore?

when you sprayed over the serial number on the tunnel were you able to see it anymore?

Back