• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro rtx se not rebounding in garage

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2010 Yamaha Nytro RTX SE
I've recently acquired a 2010 RTX SE and have put all my suspension settings back to standard in the manual. When i sit on the sled in the garage the rear suspension will compress and not return unlessI lift the rear. Any thoughts?

Sleds not on dolleys is it? If it is then the suspension won't react normally. Take off the dolleys and try again.

Tried off the dollies and it is still the same.

Set the spring to soft? I just set everything back to standard in the manual which is M on the spring block

Tried off the dollies and it is still the same.

Set the spring to soft? I just set everything back to standard in the manual which is M on the spring block

It will have more set in when its on Medium or Soft, it wont return to the top of the stroke. It will have more fall out when air born.

I've got it set to medium.

Maybe the grease is the issue. I'm having a hard time getting grease to take through the zerks.

You don’t want it to come all the way back to the top of the stroke when you get off it. You want it to have some sit in. You want the suspension to ride with in the shock stroke, stiff enough so it doesn’t constantly bottom out but not so stiff that it tops out either. It should drop 3 to 4 inches when you sit on it and come up 1 to 2 when you get off. If it tops out when you get off it’s to stiff. If it doesn’t rebound at all when you get off it’s to soft.

When is the last time the shocks have been serviced?

I understand sag and how to set up suspension. Lots of sleds, dirt bikes etc. Not expecting it to go all the way back up but seems like it is almost bottoming and then not coming back up much at all.

Not sure when / if shocks have ever been rebuilt. I just bought the sled

Pull the shocks and test.

Shocks don’t lift the sled back up the springs do. Shocks dampen and control spring motion. Either springs are weak or suspension pivot points are binding

Back