• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro starting Woes

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX
Just intalled a new starting relay for my Nytro about two weeks ago..sled wouldn't start issues...anyway that got fixed so I thought.
Went to start the sled today ..no go again..just a clicking noise coming from starter relay area..No codes flashing in dash
Voltage @ approx 12.4 vdc ,, #$%&*
When I turn the key you can hear fuel pump pressurize system and everything looks fine but when key is turned to start position...just silence,,little clicking from relay area.
Is this #$%&* relay gone sgain?? never got to move the sled from previous position with new relay because of no snow..Now we have some I cant move it. Sled was covered and I used the proper electrical contact grease..whats up with these darn relays?

Anyone have any sugestions what to check next?

Try jumping the battery to start it. If it starts you'll most likely need a new battery. Just because it reads above 12 volts doesn't mean it's good. Load testing a battery is the only accurate way to check it.

I had the same exact starting problem as you! I put in my new starter relay yesterday and it seemed to have fixed the issue. Or so i hope! I felt confident but now after what you have said i am going to be worried! I used a wide chisel to jump the relay to see if that was the issue and it started up when i did so i think i fixed the issue. Although when i was trying to start when all i was hearing was the clicking i believe i got code 12.

Sometimes rust can accumulate in your starter itself and the contact between the brushes and armature can have poor contact. When you put a little more juice to it and move it slightly the (flat spot) will be cleaned and or moved.

Had the same issue a couple weeks ago. tried everything. if you try jumping out the relay and that doesnt wanna work try putting an amp clamp on the black wire coming from the relay and going to your starter and turn the key... if your getting lots of juice theres a good chance its your starter.

Back