• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Turbo which one?

MPI was a nightmare for me and the Stage I SC at sea level in the nytro.

First problem fuel system supplied could not supply enough fuel at WOT.

Second I received a fuel regulator to guaranteed fix the problem NOT

Next I received a fuel pump to fix the problem, at that point I had huffed a HG because it was to lean up top.

Also they have YET to produce to my knowledge pulleys in the right combo to get the boost down to a PUMP gas safe level at sea level. I could NOT get below 9 psi no matter what. Next comes different pulleys I tried ALOT, and you can only fit a certin size on the bottom because of the shaft size. Next the boss for the oil tank on the CF frame comes into play, you have to cut it off to get a bit enough pulley on it to get ur boost down.

If I were ordering it today I would order a powderlites kit.

I orginally went with MPI on my apex and it was a fantastic kit I wanted JUST a trail sled in the nytro which is why I went with the SC again.

TBird said:
rxrider said:
Forgot to say: Go with the Powder Lites kit
I haven't been so lucky that i have tried any with PL kit yet, have you?

Anyhow, it sounds like a vote, then i'll put my vote in for MCX for high boost / chim install and Ulmer's Aerodyne66 for low boost / simple install.

Hahaha, no I'm only guesstimating on this one. I gotta wait until obr gets his together. I'm not going on my own experience here, just words of mouth and recent years success of sleds powered by Dave and Powder Lites.

OK wait until you see mine on high boost !!! it's no PL kit tho. I think we both will have a much better sled with the upgrades we've made before next season :) Talk to you later buddy.

rxrider said:
TBird said:
rxrider said:
Forgot to say: Go with the Powder Lites kit
I haven't been so lucky that i have tried any with PL kit yet, have you?

Anyhow, it sounds like a vote, then i'll put my vote in for MCX for high boost / chim install and Ulmer's Aerodyne66 for low boost / simple install.

Hahaha, no I'm only guesstimating on this one. I gotta wait until obr gets his together. I'm not going on my own experience here, just words of mouth and recent years success of sleds powered by Dave and Powder Lites.

OK wait until you see mine on high boost !!! it's no PL kit tho. I think we both will have a much better sled with the upgrades we've made before next season :) Talk to you later buddy.

Hahaha, you have a lot of time yet until it's time to step up and try some Swedish pow :)
We can agree that you and i disagree? ;-)

I just finished with the powderlites stage 2 on my nytro and I have to say for never installing one before and never really working on a snowmobile 4 stroke before ( I was a diehard 2 stroke guy) , that it was pretty straight forward with incredible phone support from Dave at powderlites. This guy must eat, sleep and sh.. at that shop cause he always picked up when I needed abit of information. And as stated above about the mpi, I wouldn't advise that kit in its present form.

Agreed, but I don't disagree with you at all Tbird :) You know, it's silly season until snow flies and we all can get out to ride, test and compare.

rxrider said:
Agreed, but I don't disagree with you at all Tbird :) You know, it's silly season until snow flies and we all can get out to ride, test and compare.

Good point!
I'm only that kind of person who can't blow the horn over something i don't know from personal experience, thats all!
From what i heard PowderLite is TopNotch, but i also concider MCX as one of the best, over 4000km with about 300hp and not even a glitch, good throttle respons, lots of power, and bullet proof.
For day to day driving rear mount turbo is hard to beat.

So true my friend. When speaking about what I know a lot about, you're right, the MCX reliability is hard to beat. I have 7000 km mcx boosted so far and still running strong, been running at 16 lbs on rump premium for more than 5000 km, priceless.

But then again, I want something else, now I will have something noone else have or can get, hahaha like I said it's silly season.

TBird said:
rxrider said:

Good point!
I'm only that kind of person who can't blow the horn over something i don't know from personal experience, thats all!
From what i heard PowderLite is TopNotch, but i also concider MCX as one of the best, over 4000km with about 300hp and not even a glitch, good throttle respons, lots of power, and bullet proof.
For day to day driving rear mount turbo is hard to beat.
Mcx without a doubt is a great kit. I rode the mcx turbo Nytro in Fernie last year and all I had to say was wow. It was incredible, stupid power really but as far as lag it did have it but by the time you blink your eye the power hits hard and fast.
My decision to go Dave's way is of course his technical support and of course his location here in Canada ( I'm from saskatchewan) , but also dollar for dollar I figured I would be getting more out of the kit hardware wise that I wouldn't be getting out of some of the other kits and hp wise PL's turbo was more then sufficient.. I think whatever kit you put on you'll be very happy.

Well, I have to say, after owning and installing one manufacturers kit for some years now, I was actually surprised when I started opening my box with the Powderlites kit. I thought you could never beat the kit all people over here run (I still don't know if you can beat them on the trails/mountains, but) my Powderlites kit contained ALL I needed. No more shopping around to find all the stuff that you WILL need to get a turbo running right.

I'm really looking forward to a nice boosted season on my Nytro Powderlites Stage 2, and I have no problem recomending them to anyone. As soon as snow starts, we'll have a real-world shootout and see if I can stand up for this, or if I will get beat down for going my own way and order something that nobody else would do over here. Everyone is on one manufacturers kit, so the competition WILL be hard, but time will tell, and I'm pretty sure I will smile all winter through...

Competition is good for all both customers and manufacturers, should bring better products to the market.

I say it as it is; MCX has ruled the grounds here in Europe, close to having a monopoly. I figured it was time to run something else. But I'm not bashing the MCX kits, after all they sell great turbo kits for the RX-1 and Apex'es.

BTW - saw some pics of the MCX turbo kit for the Ski-Doo XP today, MCX have finally got in right when it comes to turbo header design, 4 tubes into one at the turbo flange.

No bashing at all. MCX builds great kits. Everyone that's been around and built them can't say anything else.... Customer support is also great, atleast for us Scandinavians.

I just want the most out of my hard earned cash. I've been turboless for two seasons trying to decide, and after all the hard thinking, I think I did the right choice.

Sorry for the hijack

Yes, have seen. Reports have been that it doesn't run anything near a stage 2 Nytro or a stage 1 MCX Apex, sorry can't remeber where I red it.

rxrider said:
Sorry for the hijack

Yes, have seen. Reports have been that it doesn't run anything near a stage 2 Nytro or a stage 1 MCX Apex, sorry can't remeber where I red it.
My reports (from reliable source) differs, it runs scary strong!
But the internals of the engine is only scary (from same source) ;-).

Back