• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro vs 800r

yea actually 2 wernt thoes supposed to be light and have all this power well i murder them out the hole and 6-7 hundred feet theses nytros work good then they went buy but wern't that far behind in 1000+ feet down the lake that is plowed

Turk said:
Do it every weekend. 09 is an animal & not even close. 08 is close if you race a weak one.
I would Listen to Turk He seems to give good information this IM not so sure if the other guyz info is legit i raced an 08 we maybe were even out of the whole but not even close after that he pulls not real hard buthe just steadily drives away haha

Clutch work.

Turk with this new snow we should go for a ride this weekend in the TM's.

I let some guys take my sled for a ride that use rev 800's and 700 SB. They thought it was slow and had no power??? Then I raced one of them. It must have been the loose snow they were driving it on and the track not hooking up, cause when I raced them I was out in the lead till we ran out of room.

ride with all 800r 2 08's one 09 they all were pulling me now have excell full system and 900 miles beating them out of the hole and pulling them top end now both 08's are clutched one piped 09 is stock we all have 96 studs, this sled definately gets faster with miles and pipe made big differance, think a good clutch kit would help as well just not sure which one to buy, i also have 08 800r x and 600x etec so not biased

I ride with 3 of them an the 09 XP 800 is quick. I can take them out of the hole for a bit then they cruise by but dont really go that much faster top end. It seems their mid range hit is the ticket. Still id rather be on my Yammy

well I had a 08 800R and traded it for a nytro XTX. I will tell you the 800R will eat it up. I consider the XTX more of a 700. Out of the hole I was close or slightly ahead but after that it was all 800R. I ran closer with the 05 800HO summit on the same race. summit is geared low so hard pull up front with my XTX but I took him after that. I had taller gears. I like the smoother engine of the XTX. A lot easier on me, 800R has a hard throttle pull.

Southern Renegade said:
well I had a 08 800R and traded it for a nytro XTX. I will tell you the 800R will eat it up. I consider the XTX more of a 700. Out of the hole I was close or slightly ahead but after that it was all 800R. I ran closer with the 05 800HO summit on the same race. summit is geared low so hard pull up front with my XTX but I took him after that. I had taller gears. I like the smoother engine of the XTX. A lot easier on me, 800R has a hard throttle pull.
Consider it a 700 out of the hole? You mean a 700 as in an F7 right? I can pull an F7 for about 2-3 sleds until top speed then he SLOWLY creeps by me. I have seen Nytros take XPS and XPS take Nytros.

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Southern Renegade said:
Consider it a 700 out of the hole? You mean a 700 as in an F7 right? I can pull an F7 for about 2-3 sleds until top speed then he SLOWLY creeps by me. I have seen Nytros take XPS and XPS take Nytros.
it felt like a 700 compared to my 800R. my brother has a 09 and I ran him and a 800HO. I didnt last long against the 800R. I got sick of leaking antifreeze and carbs that dealership couldnt dial in so I went with the XTX. I like the suspension and bottom end torque but the 800R is a beast just my .02

Southern Renegade said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
Southern Renegade said:
it felt like a 700 compared to my 800R. my brother has a 09 and I ran him and a 800HO. I didnt last long against the 800R. I got sick of leaking antifreeze and carbs that dealership couldnt dial in so I went with the XTX. I like the suspension and bottom end torque but the 800R is a beast just my .02
I understand,You were stating your opinion and I was stating mine.

I agree, like they said in snowgoer magazine. It is really the driver and holeshot. I seen lesser sleds take bigger CC ones due to inexperience. What was hurting my sled is XTX running 1.25 ripsaw. If I was running 1.75 might have been different. bottom line it is all fun to pull the throttle!

Back