• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro vs new 800 Dragon

NyTrOMaNIaC said:
Very Interesting :-o A buddy of mine just bought a new Dragon 800 SP, can't wait to line em up now ;):D
I would put my money on the Nytro.I own a 2009 Se and i was out rideing with my friends and one of them have a 2006 mxz-x 1000 ski doo and he has work done to it biossen reeds and some other things and he couldnt beleave it neather could I.I would hole shot him about three sled lengths and he couldnt catch up an we even tryed a rolling start and I still beat him buy a sled and a half.these nytros have crazy power realy surprized me

I just bought a Dragon 800 and am waiting to see. My old sled is an Apex and I was torn between the Dragon, Nytro, and 800R. I went with the Dragon.

As far as racing it goes, It wouldn't suprise me if the Nytro beat the Dragon. I would say...don't get too cocky yet. Last year, The Apex's were whipping the 800R early on in the season. as the 800R's gotten broken in, the tide turned and they were smoking the Apex's #*$&@. Also, it seems like the new Nytros are just flying...very fast sleds. Maybe run a fast '09 nytro up against a stock Apex and see what happens. I'll bet it is pretty close.

For me, I'm going to wait for about 600 miles of break in to see what the sled really runs like. After 600 miles, If I get beat by a Nytro I'll make a few changes.

I just read Dynotech's posting on the Nytro that Allen Ulmer tested. It looks like that 3 into pipe is the cat's #*$&@. He is getting really impressive HP numbers out of a relatively inexpensive pipe.

Anyway, we'll wait and see and If I can't beat a stock Nytro after break in then.......... :nos :nos :nos

stoutner said:
I just bought a Dragon 800 and am waiting to see. My old sled is an Apex and I was torn between the Dragon, Nytro, and 800R. I went with the Dragon.

As far as racing it goes, It wouldn't suprise me if the Nytro beat the Dragon. I would say...don't get too cocky yet. Last year, The Apex's were whipping the 800R early on in the season. as the 800R's gotten broken in, the tide turned and they were smoking the Apex's #*$&@. Also, it seems like the new Nytros are just flying...very fast sleds. Maybe run a fast '09 nytro up against a stock Apex and see what happens. I'll bet it is pretty close.

For me, I'm going to wait for about 600 miles of break in to see what the sled really runs like. After 600 miles, If I get beat by a Nytro I'll make a few changes.

I just read Dynotech's posting on the Nytro that Allen Ulmer tested. It looks like that 3 into pipe is the cat's #*$&@. He is getting really impressive HP numbers out of a relatively inexpensive pipe.

Anyway, we'll wait and see and If I can't beat a stock Nytro after break in then.......... :nos :nos :nos

Come on up to Oneida Lake or Tug Hill. Lots of racing out here. We'll run em.

stinx said:
what did adding that pipe due for a nytro?

All stock except Excel 3 into 1 header he tested and got 147.8 HP at 9000 RPM according to the dynosheet. His base sled test was 140.5 peak HP at 8800rpm. I think there getting $550 for that pipe. Not a bad deal to run almost 150 HP.

Yamanator, How will I know it's you up at Tug Hill or Oneida Lake? I usually ride both places. I'll look for you. My Dragon is stock except it has a red windsheild and I polished up the bumpers, tie rods, and tunnel to make them look almost like Chrome.

Talked to Allen (Ulmer Racing) today about a complete #11 trail performer kit, he stated that it adds 12-13HP, and if the Nytro is in the 138-140HP range that would get me to the 150+ range I am looking for, Maybe when she is broke in I will pull the trigger.

stoutner said:
stinx said:
what did adding that pipe due for a nytro?

All stock except Excel 3 into 1 header he tested and got 147.8 HP at 9000 RPM according to the dynosheet. His base sled test was 140.5 peak HP at 8800rpm. I think there getting $550 for that pipe. Not a bad deal to run almost 150 HP.

Yamanator, How will I know it's you up at Tug Hill or Oneida Lake? I usually ride both places. I'll look for you. My Dragon is stock except it has a red windsheild and I polished up the bumpers, tie rods, and tunnel to make them look almost like Chrome.

You'll know me when you see the sled. Here it is.

Attachments

• res2.jpg
    res2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 83

Back