• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Vs Polaris Rush 600?

yamaha06

VIP Member
Has anyone raced a 2010 Polaris Rush? We had about 4" of snow here a couple days ago and I took my Nytro out for a spin around the yard for the first time and was amazed at how hard the sled pulls, of course the grass is green again and I can't wait to kick off the season. I have a buddy that bought a 2010 Polaris Rush 600 and hes bound and bent his Rush will walk all over my Nytro and another buddies skidoo 600 HO, has anyone raced the 600 Rush or 600 HO and what was the outcome? Im not to worried about losing to the Rush since he has already had it ripped apart trying to fix it after putting 6 miles on it screwing around in the yard because it was only topping out at 73 mph, but its fixed now and topping out about 99mph.

I've put about 200 miles on a Rush and currently own a Nytro and IMO in the top end it will be rather close but your Nytro should easily pull away in the bottom end. Not sure about the ski-doo.

when you jump out in front of him just move over into his lane, hell have no choice but to let off lol

BLOCK PASS

im j/k i dont know on the nytro, but i will tell you my srx walks by them like they are in reverse.

Nytro's are about equal in power to a 700 class sled. It will outpull any stock 600.

I've done this race...2 years ago. My Nytro was bone stock except for 8bu-10 weights ( that didn't work well...only able to pull 81-8200 rpm )....2010 Rush was bone stock. Raced on hardpack.....Rush got destroyed right out of the hole....I was on the Rush and my buddy was on my Nytro....not even close from bottom to top....and like I said, my Nytro was only pulling low 8000 rpms on top. The Rush 600 has a nice little snorty mid range...but the total package is a dog....we were only pulling 146-148km/h out of it. Nytro's in stock form will kill it....no worries on that race.

Your buddy is dreaming. They don't even let the Nytro run with the 600's in the Shootout anymore. Yamaha's entry is the Vector and it beat the Rush and the Doo. He is going to be very disappointed when he realizes Yamaha's trail cruiser will bitch slap his Rush.

Stock run: 600 cc class all 1/4 mile ET's and MPH
Yamaha Vector-------------12.7@91 MPH
Ski-Doo 600 Etec-----------14.0@81 MPH
Polaris Rush 600------------12.9@87 MPH
AC 1100 4-stoke------------13.4@81 MPH

Dealer prep run for 600cc class:
Yamaha Vector--------------12.7@90 MPH
Ski-Doo 600 Etec------------13.6@83 MPH
Polaris Rush 600-------------12.7@88 MPH
AC 1100 4-stoke-------------13.3@81 MPH

I regularly ride with 2 buddies. One on a 800 XRS and the other on a clutched 600 ETEC. On a lake with my 08 RTX, I stay with the XRS until about 60ish mph then he pulls away from me. The 600etec is in the dust the whole time. Even if he were to be able to catch up top end, I have built such a lead out of the whole he will not catch me.

Forgot to mention, my RTX is also clutched.

So, if the Rush 600 is anywhere near what's 600ETEC is, I would think you will toast him.

I have a tough time beating a 600 skidoo renegade etec it is like a dead tie. :o| I put schmidt bros comfort clutch on and could i of lost top end speed with that set up??

I gotta beat him!!

The Pro-R Rush I rode last spring felt like a dog. It only had around 300 miles on it. I don't know if it wasn't running 100% but the engine didn't impress me as it wasn't as powerful and didn't pull as hard as my Nytro.

My Nytro is stock in regards to motor, gearing and clutching. The stock set up works really well. I've had the Doo XP's catch me on the lake section during races and the Polaris and Cat's don't seem slow either. My guess is the Rush will run you down if he's got a long enough straight away. The Nytro is not a top end sled. A Vector is actually faster top end.

I personally cant wait for the snow, i have 2 friends that just picked up 600 rush's and they have been nothing but #*$&@ talking.....well there is a small wager on the line now and im sure it will be an easy victory!

AKrider said:
The Pro-R Rush I rode last spring felt like a dog. It only had around 300 miles on it. I don't know if it wasn't running 100% but the engine didn't impress me as it wasn't as powerful and didn't pull as hard as my Nytro.

My Nytro is stock in regards to motor, gearing and clutching. The stock set up works really well. I've had the Doo XP's catch me on the lake section during races and the Polaris and Cat's don't seem slow either. My guess is the Rush will run you down if he's got a long enough straight away. The Nytro is not a top end sled. A Vector is actually faster top end.

The Rush has no top end...my buddy has the 2011 and it was the same as the 2010 for power....nice little mid range...but no punch beyond that. I will say they transfer weight really well and if studded they will hook good, but they just don't have the balls to run with the Nytro anywhere....in a drag race that is. They do work pretty good on the trail...but the Rush is worse than even the Nytro for top end.

LSXM3 said:
I personally cant wait for the snow, i have 2 friends that just picked up 600 rush's and they have been nothing but poop talking.....well there is a small wager on the line now and im sure it will be an easy victory!

Ha they seem to sound a lot like my friends who ride polarass and always talking poo. Well I guess I can do some poop talking now to I didn't want to then end up getting my a$$ handed to me when we do race ha.

My '05 Vector was faster top end than my Nytro. The Nytro was quicker but the Vector was faster. The new Vector has even more power than the original.

Back