• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

nytro xtx: 1st ride report

justinator

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2023 Arctic Cat Riot 9000
Well I managed to put on 52 miles on my new xtx. We have very little snow right now so I waited till dark when things would crispy up a bit. I rode the old railroad bed which was in rough shape because of all the sleds that took a rip when we first got the snow and then the rain melted some and then well at night it freezes up. First thing I noticed was the bridging effect of the long skid. I have owned nothing but shorties so he first hole I saw I stood up (since its instinct for me) and noticed I hardly felt anything. I took the same bump over and over again sitting down and there was no back-jarring hit. I was very happy about that. I am running the mountain ski bottoms and I did experience a little bit of darting but these were bad conditions for that so I wont say much about it. Very crispy snow and big ruts isnt a fair place to evaluate. The gytr's up front seem like they'll provide a good ride on the trail. All my suspension adjustments are stock settings for now. I was most impressed with the motor. This was my first ride on a nytro so wasnt sure what to expect. Instant response and very strong acceleration to 90mph and thats all I had space for. I think it would out accelerate my apex rtx to 70mph or be side by side for sure. I cant wait till shes all broke in. The clutching is very smooth I find as well, very smooth engagement with no jerkiness or twitcheness at all. I'll report back when I get more seat time and some trail time but I dont think I will miss my apex very much. This seems like it will be a very fun sled to own and being a long track it will be more versatile for sure. I dont think anyone will be dissapointed with the purchase.

I am very impressed with mine. The first 25 miles I put on were ho hum because the snow was fresh and no base. I could not get a good feel for it. I put 75 miles on yesterday with a good base and some fresh stuff. What a difference. Just point and shoot. I did not have any darting but I run stock skis right now. They worked well on the packed trail even with ruts from all the hunters trucks using the trails from the past few months. It seems the harder you drive the sled, the more it wants to work with you. You can not ride it, you have to drive it. Once I got this figured, the cornering was razor sharp, laying it on its side in the deeper stuff was no issue either.

Rode with a gade 800 and SB700 all day. Used the least amount of fuel (3.5 gallons). Everyone was complaining about the ruts but they did not seem to bother me. It seemed like the other sleds got high centered easier then the xtx also. Just some observations and lots could impead on that.

Put 100 kms on mine today too. Loved it exceot for the handwarmers. It';s amazing that theyt can build a sled today with warmsers that don't work. Something will have to be done about that.

Apex & xtx said:
cant wait to ride mine! how much snow do you have in fort kent? :letsnow:

theres only 3-4 inches, thats why I stuck to the railroad bed. we had about 6 but we got some rain.........supposed to be some snow/sleet coming tonight and some scattered snow through out the week.

Newfiebullet said:
Put 100 kms on mine today too. Loved it exceot for the handwarmers. It';s amazing that theyt can build a sled today with warmsers that don't work. Something will have to be done about that.

I hear ya. The ones on my quad work better. I had one hand that was burning and the other one was just look warm! My left hand was so hot if started to burn or feels like it would have burned my hand. I had a big red spot in my palm after.

justinator said:
Apex & xtx said:

theres only 3-4 inches, thats why I stuck to the railroad bed. we had about 6 but we got some rain.........supposed to be some snow/sleet coming tonight and some scattered snow through out the week.
Did you pick up your sled from Rogers in town? Thanks for the report and can't wait to get up to your neck of the woods.

glmf said:
justinator said:
Apex & xtx said:

Did you pick up your sled from Rogers in town? Thanks for the report and can't wait to get up to your neck of the woods.

It was purchased from Garys Yamaha in Caribou.

hey justinator.... i finally got on mine and went a few laps around the house about 2 miles on it,just that little bit ti think this thing will be a fun sled,very comfortable,have my 06rtx ready for the radar run this sunday on caribou lake if the weather gives us enough ice,if not we will do it next sunday i guess,either way im looking forward to collect a few more trophies,hope to see so new iron out there to beat up on hehehehehe

Put a few more miles on tonight. Got my new cobra track installed.......this sled should come with this track!! Hookup is insane!! I noticed tonight in some deeper pockets of snow I could not get the track to ratchet and its not as tight as yamaha spec either. I'm happy about that, no need for extros on this one. I have no excessive slide wear at this point either and my first 50 miles were very hardpacked conditions. I did install some 5.35 inch skid wheels tonight to help prevent a problem but they might not of been needed. I now have 67 miles and havent had a chance to stretch its legs but it does hit 90 in a hurry and I'm seeing 8900rpms, I cant wait to get some miles and see how she acts all broken in.

Apex & xtx said:
lug size lug on that cobra track?

Its 1.25 but camoplast says 1.325 because on the outside of the track there are little fingers and those measure 1.325, the paddles are 1.25. its a very aggressive track and everyone reports zero loss in top speed over a ripsaw so its a win-win in my book.

Back