• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX darting solutions. What works best???????

CJW said:
I have a set of simmons gen 1 skis on my 09 xtx. Couldn't be happier. NO darting at all

Yep me too. Simmons work great on trail and the sugar! Best $400 upgrade!

Attachments

• 20140217_092605_58617.jpg
    20140217_092605_58617.jpg
    284.7 KB · Views: 81

Put the slydogs on tonight. Transfer rods as open as they can be for max transfer. Track tension perfect so no wandering in the skid. Front springs medium to light. Limiter has slack in it. -15 tomorrow am and a high of 0 so it may have to wait a day; I'm getting soft.

With the varying things everyone has done it appears there is either a lot of remedies or none.

I am running stock skis with 8" Bregstrom carbides, limiter strap 1st hole, front track shock 3/4 of the way to being full tight and front shock springs at soft as I can get them and still keep a little pressure on the spring to keep them from moving around. Rear springs on medium, transfer blocks are in and not sure of comp & reb settings. I change them with varying conditions. Next to no darting! It does push a little in loose conditions but bites very well on the trails. Next to no ski lift either. I am either going to go with tuners, mtn or pilot skis next year just for the powder flotation. The stock skis do suck in the powder for sure. I had the shims and reversed ski rubbers and hated it so I took them out. I wanted to take the most ski pressure off as I was able too and still turn well. My end result was minimal darting, turned well with little effort so I am pretty happy. I have never ridden a sled that hasn't darted at least a little in the same conditions. :sled1:

Tuners going on tonight for this weekend. Update to follow. Slydogs were better but carbides are too abrupt at front ski attachment and hook train tracks, tar edges, etc...

m.schuey7 said:
The ski's help solve the darting issue's but do they help with the tippy or inside ski lift problems?

I'm running tuners as listed in my sig, limiter strap on longest setting, and i just recently moved my swap bar from the back hole to the front hole. The sway bar seemed to help a bunch with inside ski lift.

I was fighting quite a bit of it when turning hard, and now with the sway bar adjusted it railed nice and flat. I was happy!

30 miles on the tuners tonight. First off, thanks port yamaha. Helpful on the phone with my questions and after ordering at 2 pm they were at my door by noon the next day. The skis: darting on hardpack tonight all but gone. I'd say 90% gone. Sled feels like a normal machine now. Minimal side to side on deceleration. Similar to my old F8. So, I am very pleased with the results for $230 plus the $20 shipping. Especially after fighting with it for 2.5 years. I was able to crank the shocks back up and the steering effort is half what it was. No more erratic ski tracking and grabbing in the corners. Great change.

I went aggressive to 3/8 on my ski toe out, and went with 9" shapers on my skis. My front was a little soft for faster cornering also. Which all in all created No more darting.

My ski preference all day on these nytros is C&A pro rzr. That keel combo just rails on the
Nytro

:sled1:

X2
The C&A pro rzr's work fantastic on the Nytro. I run them with 6 inch woodys shapers and they compliment my 1.5 intense perfectly. No more push but also not for the average rider.

stock skis and snow trackers.......can't go wrong my 2 cents

Hey guys, not trying to hijack the post but does anyone know what the toe out should be with the tuners? I have them with four inch in side and out and my sled was all over the place this weekend. I never adjusted the toe out when I went from the stock skies to the tuners.

Sorry if this is not the place for this.

Mine is set right around 1/4 in toe out

The easiest fix for the abrupt carbide angle on Slydogs is a grinder. Lot cheaper than new skis. IMHO.

Slydogs were darting too much and had too much tilt or pressure to the front half of the ski for my liking. The front of the actual carbide was catching. Heavy steering at slower speeds also.

Back