• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NYTRO XTX Which Studs, Which pattern, and HOW MANY???

srx88 said:
Do you think they will pull out or damage the track? it seems like the difference is the head size on the the acutal stud... Woodys also uses a certain backer for their single ply stud...

Yep. They pull out sooner than the single ply studs will. Plus i think the amount of space between the stud head and the backer plate is less on the single ply studs, vs the two ply studs, cause the single ply tracks are thinner.

207nytro said:
If your only running studs for a safety reason i think two per row would be enough.

Two per row works really good. That's a 96 pattern, but with the added length you get more studs on the ground.

I went with 2 per lug and double backers. Worked really well.

Here's a pic comparing the studded Ripsaw to the Backcountry.

P1010110.JPG

As for studs vs another track, personally, I absolutely love running studs, and I think that if you don't mostly ride deep snow and need a deep lug track, you should be studding your track. Currently neither of my sleds are studded, but there are days when we get icy conditions that I curse myself for not keeping one of them studded.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Camoplast doesn't offer the Backcountry in a prestudded version. If they did, that's what I'd have on my sleds.

2/3/3, repeats and equal number of times. i also offset each replication either 0/+/- either side of the "center" replication to get more scratch lines. 5000mi on ripsaw no pull outs. doing same on new cobra.

2/3/3... Huh... I never thought of that! Good thing I didn't put my additional studs in yet!! I am going to look into that pattern tonight!

NFLD-Nytro said:
207nytro said:
If your only running studs for a safety reason i think two per row would be enough.

Two per row works really good. That's a 96 pattern, but with the added length you get more studs on the ground.

I went with 2 per lug and double backers. Worked really well.

Here's a pic comparing the studded Ripsaw to the Backcountry.

P1010110.JPG

As for studs vs another track, personally, I absolutely love running studs, and I think that if you don't mostly ride deep snow and need a deep lug track, you should be studding your track. Currently neither of my sleds are studded, but there are days when we get icy conditions that I curse myself for not keeping one of them studded.

For the life of me, I don't understand why Camoplast doesn't offer the Backcountry in a prestudded version. If they did, that's what I'd have on my sleds.

I did the same thing. Remember, you have 'a lot' of track back there. 2 per row works well. And-you can always add a single stud to each row later on if you feel you need it.

Bahr05 said:
2/3/3... Huh... I never thought of that! Good thing I didn't put my additional studs in yet!! I am going to look into that pattern tonight!

2 = 2 singles (gets 2 in the center but spaced apart enough to not rub shock mount as bad a double dead center will)
3 = 1 single + 1 double

I don't have any double backers. i have two studs spaced apart in the center, and the third stud in the outside belt of the track.

I have the 1.325 megabites with all double backers 1 double per section alternating left right left up the center of the track. I have 1500 miles on it so far with no problems

The XTX stock Ripsaw is a 2 ply track..... They do make a 1 ply ripsaw but that was used on the RTX and other sleds..... I confirmed that today.

running 114 studs (96 stud pattern) all singles 8500kms no pull outs or damage, on the stock 1 1/4 ripsaw. mostly trail ridden

srx88 said:
The XTX stock Ripsaw is a 2 ply track..... They do make a 1 ply ripsaw but that was used on the RTX and other sleds..... I confirmed that today.

That is correct.

I run 172 stud boy studs with super-lite single backers. Nothing up the middle and 9" shapers. If I remember right. It makes 12 scratch lines.

I love the set up. It allows me to run a little lighter up front for off trail, but still corners like it's on rails on the trail without feeling like you've been wrestling a gorilla all day.

I thought that "single ply track" was more of a ski-doo thing . can`t find any info on a single ply on a yamaha unless you changed the track , also believe the single ply was a different pitch

How would this work as a 152 pattern with all double backers? to much stress on the track? yes I made this in paint and its not perfect

Attachments

• stud pattern.jpg
    stud pattern.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 227
does anyone know how big of a stud can be installed safely without modifications? like to run a 1.325" cobra track with 1.5" studs (114 up the middle)

I bought this track used and already studded from someone.

It is using the 1.375 studboy studs (which I think gets the same penetration as 1.450 woody megabites...I looked into it, but this it was around the same)
Singles are using the Superlite +Plus backers...they are a little bigger than the regular ones for single ply tracks.
The doubles are just standard superlite backers (not the +Plus).

This pattern gives 173 studs. It hooks up great and haven't had any issues with pullouts. I even broke the tips off about 5 studs this past weekend from hitting rocks, but no pullouts ;)!

img2892w.jpg

Back