• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Odometter question

Dukester

Pro
My friend has 8200 miles on his RX1. He had the pod fogging problem last year but it went away and it is now back again. The dealer said they would replace the entire pod for him at no cost. The problem is that he wants to be the first one to put 20,000 miles on the RX1. The dealer thinks that the odometer info is stored in the pod portion of the system. If this is true his odemeter will start over at 00000. He wants his actual mileage displayed.

Is the odometer info stored in the pod or in the main computer?

Can the odometer info be reprogramed?

odometer

Sketr2 you got me but I would recommend that you take a look at the wiring diagram on the Yamaha technical cd-rom and trace the wires to there end point and go from there,like you stated only two places it could go to.

Hi SKetr2, I know for a fact that it is in the pod and if you replace it the milage will go back to 0 miles. Mine was replaced and did the same.

No matter what your buddy does, he had better start riding. I know a guy in Saskatchewan that put 9k miles on last year (12+K km) on his RX Mountain, and he's hard at it again this year.

Why not just fix the fogging?
There have been other posts on here about that problem. (you could do a search) Had one of my 05 Warriors fog. Just take the pod out and make sure it is completely free of moisture, bring it in the house for a day or 2, then put it back together making sure the rubber boot on the back is a tight seal. If the boot is not installed properly, then it will fog. Sometimes the boot becomes dislogged from the wires getting pulled on. You can even put a little silicone around it. I have never had mine fog again. It is a pretty simple fix.

:yam: :4STroke: :rocks:

ranchn said:
What is a "pod"?
Where can I find it on my RS Venture -05?
Can I re-progam this, so it wiev another mileage on the odometer?

No decent human is going to help you commit odometer fraud.

SnoWarrior said:
Just take the pod out and make sure it is completely free of moisture, bring it in the house for a day or 2, then put it back together making sure the rubber boot on the back is a tight seal. If the boot is not installed properly, then it will fog.
On my '04 model, if you take the thing apart, you may notice a couple tiny little vent holes. They are open to atmosphere. The '05 rubber boot fix does not impact these vents. I do take the thing inside at the end of the year to dry it out. But, if you radically change temps or go out in the powder, it will fog again. Eventually, it will clear up once you get out of the adverse conditions. But, it may leave a "stain" on the inside of the lense, which you can clean off, if you take it apart. Kind of a pain,... But nothing is perfect.

if you take you pod off you will see that there is about 8 small screws on the back, just take them out and seperate the front half from the back half. you should see the problem either the front glass is not sealed all the way around or the gasket between the two halfs is pinched or faulty. the electrical system writes the milage to the speedometer head just like a car, if you change it you will lose/change your odometer reading.

I´m still trying to remove the fog in the speedo pod.

The big Q is...
Will the mileage be restored if I take this pod apart?
Where is this info stored?

These sleds are made in Japan where it is humid living by the ocean and surrounded by it will do that. When built the humid air is trapped in the pod when it gets cold the moisture condensates on the inside of the pod. Take it off the sled and let it sit for a day in a dry warm place with the hole at the back of the pod up so the moisture can rise and exit. Replace it back on the sled and make double sure the boot is in place correctly. What I did was use some plumbers rubber tape (the kind you have to stretch to make it stick) and taped up where the boot and wires meet, end of problem. If you live in a humid place yourself the dryest spot in your house would be your freezer place it in there to dry out for a few days.

Back