• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off trail skis

Yamakaze

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Srx700
I just purchased a 15 viper Mtx 153 se 2.6. The skis are an arctic cat ski that came on it stock. What are a good set of skis/carbides for off trail? Are there any other mods I should do for off trail? I did add a sport bumper and skid plate.

I use the sidewinder mtx skis. Have to trim ski rubbers to get them to fit.

Thanks. The skis that came on it look like trail skis. They are cat skis I’ve been told

I have been using Polaris gripper skis on my last couple of sleds with good results. Here is a link that I posted years ago on doing the conversion.

Also since your sled is a 2015, it's not a bad idea to upgrade it to a 2016 and newer Cat/Yamaha mountain front end. The 2016 + front end helps make the sled easier to side hill with. Because the 2016 spindles are different, there are a few different parts required when converting to Gripper skis. There is a thread here that shows the parts required for 2016 and up front ends. https://www.snowest.com/forum/threads/gripper-install-on-16-spindle.433751/

Last edited:
I'm running the attack skis from SlyDog. I had them on thr nytro and now on thr viper! Absolutely love those skis!

Back