• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Racing - Billet / Oilite Steering bushings

rx1 fern said:
can you post some pics of the wheels also.thanks

Here is the two wheel kit that we have available right now.

DSC00138.jpg

There are a lot of different combinations of wheel diameters, offset axles, track tensioner configurations, etc.. that are available, or will be available. The best thing to do would be to contact me, let me know where you're at and where you want to go.

scmurs

I have Isovibe versions which are the similar in design. I can still feel the vibration throgh the bars. Ill be going back to plastic or other this summer.

BETHEVIPER said:
I have Isovibe versions which are the similar in design. I can still feel the vibration throgh the bars. Ill be going back to plastic or other this summer.

a WAY better solution exists......ONly ride out west in POW!!!! never feel a vibration or even feel the ground!!! :) heaven!!!!

BETHEVIPER said:
search in work log, my big pile of crap.

I made a new shaft from a jack shaft, that way I could slide it down through the bearings, the lower arm clamps on, the stop slides on and bolts, set screws keep it all together. It does take up extra space on both ends, it just touches the gas tank and moves the steering ahead and almost straight up and down, I like the steering this way but hate the vibration and i run an isobibe with it too.

nothing i made looks as nice as this piece for sure.

Not to be a naysayer here, but I've ridden the Nytro with our relocation kit with the billet aluminum blocks/oilite bearings and did not notice any increase in vibration.

I have read the threads about BETHEVIPER's sled builds and can honestly say that I can't believe the level of dedication and hard work that he has put into them. What he has created shows passion for the sport of snowmobiling. :Rockon:

That being said, I don't think we have an apples to apples comparison about what may or may not be vibrating his handlebars. He is not using parts that we make. There are two TY members that will be riding the billet block/oilite bushings that we manufacture this weekend. I know, I'm jealous too, but I'll be waiting for their unbiased and impartial reports to our kits. ;)!

Thanks,
Scott

Installed my kit tonight. I would post more pics and directions except I already had a relocation kit on my sled so I didn't have much of the stock hardware to begin with. The tolerances on the bushings are tight. My post is powder coated and I had to remove some of the powder coating(which is fine, tight is good) in order for everything to move freely. Great attention to detail and the bottom mount is BEEF.

Edit: If my hood looks a little off, it's because of the Trail Tank. The relocation kit doesn't interfere with the stock plastic.

Pics
bushing.jpg

[/img]
collar.jpg

back-1.jpg

front-4.jpg

[/img]
side-2.jpg

I am sorry if the above post seemed like I was putting down this product, I have never tried it.

I was asking a question as a posible buyer looking to upgrade my sled. My setup is roller bearing and may tranfer vibration more than this kit.

Tom, go ahead and remove all me posts from this thread so no one gets the wrong idea.

Nikolai said:
The tolerances on the bushings are tight. My post is powder coated and I had to remove some of the powder coating(which is fine, tight is good) in order for everything to move freely.

To clarify, the relocator bushings are machined to a specific tolerance based on the stock steering shaft, to offer a "close tolerence" fit between the shaft and bushing.

Nikolai has had most of his sled, and parts powdercoated. (gorgeous, i might add!)

The OEM bushings are sloppy enough to not only allow the OEM shaft diameter, but also several mils of powdercoat... AND THEY ARE STILL SLOPPY!!!! It took great effort to remove this "unecessary slop", while still offering and exceptionally smooth and effortless steering motion.

Rode all day Friday and this kit is sweet. Virtually no slop in the steering anymore and the handling is awesome. Just wish we could get rid of the play in the rest of the steering linkage. Absolutely no added vibration either.

Back