• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

OFT Racing steering wheel relocator

Ohiokm

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro RTX
Hi there, can anyone give me some input on installation of this kit? There is 2 pcs for the lower steering shaft...1 pc has a machined angle. What side does this angle go? Thank you in advance 2014 Yamaha Nytro

Attachments

• 20210107_093910.jpg
    20210107_093910.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 115

Hi there, can anyone give me some input on installation of this kit? There is 2 pcs for the lower steering shaft...1 pc has a machined angle. What side does this angle go? Thank you in advance 2014 Yamaha Nytro

Attachments

• 20210107_101727.jpg
    20210107_101727.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 114
Thanks for all the input...the directions from OFT could be much better

I mounted the OFT relocator kit in and all seems fine. Mounted the lower front block with the machined angle down and facing upward towards the handle bars.

I’m also installing a oft kit, but the shaft is still binding, I bent both studs and still no luck, block is flush on the bottom and as soon as i install the top of the lower block the shaft starts binding, all grease and everything is off the shaft, even checked both blocks with an angle gauge and both upper and lower are at 51 degrees but it’s still binding.
Only thing that I can possibly come up with is the shaft is slightly “egged” out at the point when it was pinched together during manufacturing
I’ve been fighting this on and off for almost 3 weeks now with the snow falling outside :(

I’m also installing a oft kit, but the shaft is still binding, I bent both studs and still no luck, block is flush on the bottom and as soon as i install the top of the lower block the shaft starts binding, all grease and everything is off the shaft, even checked both blocks with an angle gauge and both upper and lower are at 51 degrees but it’s still binding.
Only thing that I can possibly come up with is the shaft is slightly “egged” out at the point when it was pinched together during manufacturing
I’ve been fighting this on and off for almost 3 weeks now with the snow falling outside :(

I used a deep 10mm socket and long torque wrench ( for leverage) to bend the studs...just enough soo the lower block would slip down over the studs without binding. ( Lower block with machined angle is mounted down and facing the upwards towards gastank. Leave the lower mount lose and then install the upper mount...I installed the upper mount on the shaft 1st and just let it hang loose , until I had the lower mount bolted in lose also.

See attached picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210116-085614_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210116-085614_Gallery.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 75

Back