• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ohlin rear

Just send the shock to Hygear and it will be just as, if not better than the Ohlins. You wouldn't have to get the full deal but I would sugest the dual rate spring. Call them and explain you problem and you will get what you need withina week of them getting the shock.

The RTX has the Pro action twin shock design not the Monoshock. Completely different design. That said, Ohlins makes a bunch of EC Shocks but the Apex GT shock is by no means a direct bolt on............

so can i just take an ohlin shock from a gt and bolt it in cuz there both mono shocks if i recall right?....... iv been told if i could do it cuz it makes the ride way nicer but also if you set up the mono it does make a nice ride

OHLIN shock

I have an OHLIN EC shock for sale. Out of an 08 Apex LTX , with about 1,000 miles on it. Asking $400

littleredsled said:
hey i got a 06 rtx and was wondering if i could put the electric ohlin in the back make a better ride than the stock shock
You can use an Ohlins shock from the GT and you can use an Ohlins aftermarket shock. No matter which one you choose, make sure that you get the cable that runs between the shock and the connector located just behind your reverse lever. Once you plug it in, the suspension mode will be visible on your tach.
Please note that there is quite some difference between different Ohlins shocks. The 06-07 american GT shock is silly soft, spring as well as damping. The european GT shock is almost 100% stiffer. Most aftermarket options are very close to the european version.
If you are an aggressive rider and you have got the Ohlins shock with a proper set up, it will outperform the standard shock any day. Small bump comfort as well as big bump bottoming resistance. Please remember that the standard shock is just a simple internal dividing piston design (= can not produce enough compression damping for aggressive riders).

Back