• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

ohlins e.c. servo motor replacement link

It is just a coil of wire in a plastic looking donut with a pig tail on it. You can't get it out without breaking the head off where the wire used to come out. Once you break the head off, there is an O-Ring type clip you need to remove to pull the rest of it out. Dealer pricing is about $180. Ask your dealer for the tech bulletin on it, it has all the parts, directions and rerouting of the pigtail to prevent it from happening again. It looks pretty easy to do aside from spending the money for a poor engineering or craftsmanship issue. My dealer wouldn't go good for my buddies 06 Apex GT. HTH

thats to funny. up here in canada its just over 100.00 for it .lol. for once we get something cheaper. lol So your saying just bust the top off? no bolt to take out or nothing? i know there was a link on here somewhere

I've replaced one. It's held in place with an internal snap ring. You can't get it out until you break the top off of it. Do not damage the aluminum body. You will see it is very simple once you get the top off.

What proceedure did you use for taking the top off. And was the skid in or out of the sled when you took off the top of the solenoid?
Thanks, Steve

Remove the shock from the skid (you don't have to remove skid). Use screwdriver + Hammer to open/break the lid.

Back